South Yorkshire Service

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello I'm brand new to the site and indeed to the Forum Also pretty new to caravan Touring.
I HOPE I AM NOT BREAKING ANY CODE OF CONDUCT OF THE FORUM USEAGE BY MAKING THE FOLLOWING REQUEST.
(If so please someone let me know and I will take my chances with the yellow pages)

We have bought a 7 year old Bailey Ranger two berth van..
I would like a recommendation of a reliable service agent I could use either mobile or with their own premises. We are between Worksop and Sheffield close to the M1 and don't mind taking the van a reasonable way for a service.
I feel a recommendation is always better than just pulling a name from yellow pages. I believe the van is in good order but I want to have it serviced just to be sure we are starting off in the correct way.
Regards Brian

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
South Yorkshire Motorhames Caravans on Outgang Lane in Dinnington.
SY Caravans in Bawtry
Worksop Caravans. its near the new Celtic housing estate. Next to a Tesco i think.
Sheffield Caravans at Swallonest. Straight up the a57 to the m1 , over the m1 , along the M57 into Sheffield, at 2nd r'bout follow signs to crystal peaks, down to r.bout, go all the way around and trun left as if going into the new Ind estate where CADAC and Sandvick are located.
Robinsons in Chesterfield at Brimmington
Chesterfield Caravans , just past JE JAMES cycles and baby care centre by the Chesterfield bypass.

I keep my van at SYMC at Dinnington and they service it and have just carried out quite nice repair. Not the cheapest but the service is good, the staff are helpful and freindly.
Alternatively there is the caravan place by Fox Covert Dismantlers but i think he just sells.
Goodalls near Renishaw and there is another outfit - Gooneys at Shuttlwood ( big accessory shop and reasonable prices) nr to Clowne , or Bolsover Caravans at Markham Moor inds Est jn 29a M1.

There is a mobile fitter , i think he is based in Wales or Kiveton, i know i see his tranny van parked up somewhere close by to home.

Happy hunting.

There are quite a few to have a go at.

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
loads, South Yorkshire Motorhomes and Caravans in Dinnington- i have mine doen there because i store it there... not the cheapes but its ok.
Bawtry Caravans in Bawtry
Robinsons, Gateford Lane Worksop
Chesterfield Caravans
Robinsons Caravans, Brimmington , Chesterfiel
Chesterfield Caravans
Sheffield Caravans.
Theres a little place by Fox Covert dismantlers although he only sells them but may recommend someone for you.
Gooneys at Shuttlewood nr to Clowne.( good accessory shop too)

RSP at Unit, 5C Westthorpe Fields Rdhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...=s&biw=1247&bih=525&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl
Killamarsh, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S21 1TZhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en...=s&biw=1247&bih=525&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Get Directions0114 251 4449

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi Thanks very much for the quick response. I don't live to far from the Dinnington dealers. Like I said in my post I would rather have a recommendation than just pull a dealer from the yellow pages. Having been close to the motor industry for many years and witnessing first hand how many main dealers carry out their servicing I tend to be a little over cautious. I will have a run over to Dinnington in a week or so and sort out a service.

Thanks again
Brian

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, sounds like we're neighbours!

Funnily enough, i was looking at servicing for my van today - cheapest place i found was GW Caravans at Creswell.

South Yorkshire caravans are the most expensive i've come across, and Sheffield Caravans aren't even on the NCC register

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Very strange
smiley-undecided.gif

I was the first to reply to this thread yesterday by posting the same as Damian ......
http://www.mobilecaravanengineers.co.uk/mcea-find-an-engineer.htm

but today it's disappeared into the ether.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all who have left replies or comments.
I have looked at the links and I think the thing is to make sure I choose someone who is registered to carry out the type of work required. I was hoping that someone may have had a recommendation from experience of a particular individual who always gives a good and honest service. I quite like the idea of the mobile service but i'm not sure what equipment is actually required and weather the mobile people would carry it with them?
again thanks for all your comments.
Brian

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Brian
We had the annual service done by an NCC approved mobile sevice engineer this time rather than at a dealers workshop.
The engineer did the necessary work on our front drive and he had everything that he needed on his van which was really a mobile workshop.
We were entirely satisfied with the thorough job that the engineer did (and the lower price!) and we will definitely use the same guy next year.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Our mobile engineer has serviced and done any warranty work on our last two new vans Brian. About the only work he cannot do is panel replacements for obvious reasons. He also carries various replacement parts for caravans regarding electrics, plumbing etc. He even had a spare isolation key for my mover which he didn't charge me for because I'd found him other peoples vans to work on.
I would gladly recommend him to anyone but unfortunately he is too far away from you.
You will save yourself money plus the hassle of taking your van to a dealer.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That sounds great I am going to check out the local Mobile service. I like the idea of not having the hassel of delivery and collection. And I'm sure the mobile people when working for themselves try their best to keep their customers happy, obviously in the hope of repeat work and recommendation. Again thanks to all for taking the trouble to reply.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I have taken the plunge and had a mobile fitter around. The crazy thing was that the day before he arrived we agreed to trade the van in. We have bought another Bailey Ranger this time the GT model, one of the last of the Bailey vans made before they have changed to the Alu-Tec design. And again within the weight range of our Focus.
When the guy arrived I explained the situation and told him that we would need the motor mover changing from the old van to the new. much to our relief the guy is registered with power touch to install and work on their equipment.
So he has removed our Mover and has agreed to return next week and refit it to the other van. he is registered and certificated to carry out services that are recognised to maintain manufacturers guarantees.
I found the chap very obliging and helpfull and he even had a check around my van to make sure we didn't have any issues that the dealers could pick up on when we presented the van to them for the changover.
His business goes under the name of "THE CARAVAN DOCTOR" and he is based In Doncaster His price range is very reasonable and his van appears to more than well stocked with tools and all manner of spare parts. I am certainly going to ask him to look after us for our annual service checks.
Again I appreciate all the replies I have received on the subject.

Regards Brian

Mar 7, 2009
Visit site
we used cms from wakefield 2 years ago and we were very happy booked again last year and changed vans which didn't need a servive till march have left a message to book this one in just waiting for a call back

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts