Southern Britanny - Camping mane guernehue

May 12, 2007
Visit site
We are really worrying about the weather like I'm sure a lot of people are. We've booked our one and only summer holiday for 2 weeks at the above campsite, all facilities are for children to be outside, outdoor pool near a beach etc and we have 2 young children. We go on 8th August and now I'm really worrying about the terrible weather, I believe this region are experiencing similar grey skies and poor temperatures that we are.

We already pulled out of one holiday to Turkey (villa) as we thought it would be too hot so went and bought ourselves a caravan and planned this new holiday. Now we have the opposite problem and we had to pay for the whole 2 weeks up-front. Should we abandon the holiday and take a further hit financially and travel further south or stick it out and hope for good weather.

The thought of 2 weeks stuck in the caravan with 2 small children is not appealing!!

Jun 29, 2004
Visit site
The site you have chosen is a good one but am not sure that it is what I would call Beachy. The small beaches that there are, are very nice but the whole of the Golf of Morbihan is tidal and much of the beaches are lost. It is a wonderfull area for walking, but I would not bother to take our bikes again as it is not like most of France were cycle ways are concerned.

The fact that you are concerned at the prospect of two weeks in a caravan with two small children would make me wonder if you have thought the whole thing through but thats not my concern.

You are traveling during the French ( and most of the rest of Europe peak holiday time so my normal advice of don't book follow the sun, can't apply.This year there is only a small geographical line between being wet and being dangerously hot.

Personally I feel that as long as you have decent clothing then you can have a good time but I do understand that there is no real fallback position from a planned beach holiday with lousy weather.

Think positive. It can't rain every day (can it )

Good luck whatever you deside.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts