Southern Ireland sites

DW1

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Going to Ireland for first time this September. Could anyone advise whether I should prebook my sites. I have checked on the Internet for availability and all the chosen sites have room. I love the flexibility of staying or moving on that caravanning gives me and never book in June in France. But this is a new destination and a different time of year so any help/tips will be appreciated.

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
There are a lot of sites in Southern Ireland that don't actually take prebookings .. This probably sounds a bit mad but it usually works out fine with nowhere too crowded.
Where about are you planning to go and I can be more specific for you re the need to try to book or not

DW1

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I am looking to go to Killarney and Cork and Tipperary. The Caravan Club have recommended sites so am possibly going to use those. Ideally I don't want to be tied down to a specific area if I can move on when the whim takes me. I was going to say when the weather changes but I'm not expecting a lot of sunshine!

Sep 2, 2015
Visit site
No need to book in advance. Just ring ahead a mere few hours before you plan to arrive to double check availability if this makes you feel better. We did a two week tour of Southern Ireland at the height of the season and didn't book anywhere at all and like you we moved on as the notion or weather took us.
Kerry in the west is known for changeable weather but Cork can get great weather (something to do with the Gulf Stream I think) . Sextons camping and caravan site in Clonakilty will give you a great Irish welcome and Clonakilty is a great wee town
Just to note there is an Irish Camping and caravan club that you can google and it will highlight sites in whatever area you are going to
Go with the relaxed pace of flow and enjoy your trip without being tied into bookings !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts