Speed camera detecters in France

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,
I do not know if this is the correct place to post this but I have just read that Sat navs that have a speed camera detection feature or which lists them as Points Of Interest are highly illegal in France and if you are cought with such a
gizmo the penalties are extreme to say the least.
Now this raises the issue that such features would have to be deleted or otherwise deactivated to escape penalty.
Does any one know more about this matter or how to have this done on built in Sat Navs or on portable versions?
Rgds

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Wilbury said:
I do not know if this is the correct place to post this but I have just read that Sat navs that have a speed camera detection feature or which lists them as Points Of Interest are highly illegal in France

OK here, but possibly would have been better in 'Overseas Parks & Touring'. :)

Jan 5, 2011
Visit site
i have been over to France a couple of time since this ruling came into place... My understanding of it is that you have to have the Safety camera disabled for France.
if you have a tom tom and go onto the website it automatically disables the camera function for France and removes the file

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
this is the position as far as Tomtom devices are concerned

TomTom had a meeting with the Road Safety Ministry to clarify the situation regarding new and upcoming legislation. As a result, TomTom is introducing a 100% compliant Danger Zones service available in a free download for compatible products.

•In France, all types of speed camera locations and accident black spots are now reported using a new service: Danger Zones
•Specific locations are not available and a Danger Zone icon is shown instead.
•The length of the zone depends on the road type at the current location and can be 300m/2000m/4000m.
•In future, Danger Zones provided by the French government (Zones de Vigilance Accrue) will be included in our database as they become available

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts