Speeding idiots

Feb 9, 2009
Visit site
Just back from a few weeks away and the idiots towing on motorways amazed me.
Travelling at just below 60 I was overtaken so many times at vans being towed so fast it seemed I was at a standstill. I thought one caravan was going over as it was snaking so much it was at times in a different lane to the car.
On one site the owner of a twin axel next to me said he did not like going over 80 as the van became unstable. He was not aware that the speed limit on a motorway with a caravan is 60.
No wonder caravaners get a bad name when towing.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
FrintonMike said:
Just back from a few weeks away and the idiots towing on motorways amazed me.
Travelling at just below 60 I was overtaken so many times at vans being towed so fast it seemed I was at a standstill. I thought one caravan was going over as it was snaking so much it was at times in a different lane to the car.
On one site the owner of a twin axel next to me said he did not like going over 80 as the van became unstable. He was not aware that the speed limit on a motorway with a caravan is 60.
No wonder caravaners get a bad name when towing.

I quite agree with your post, but I'd be really concerned if a caravan overtook that wasn't being towed :eek:hmy:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Sadly Mike it is always the minority idiots who cause other decent caravanner and pet owners a bad name.
I'd rather have the speedsters in front rather than behind me.
I notice my Sat Nav shows 60 mph whilst the cars speedo shows 65mph.

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I was overtaken by a Transit-style van towing a car on a trailer yesterday, on the motorway. I don't know how fast he was going, but I was doing...ahem...just over 70 (I wasn't towing) and I couldn't catch him up.

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I find it strange that people complain about others breaking the law, then go on to confess that they too were breaking the national speed limit.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gozza said:
but I was doing...ahem...just over 70 ..........

Gozza

That really pretty silly and irresponsible pointing the finger at some else for speeding, when by your own admission you were also speeding.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
I tow at 50-55mph on motorways and do not worry about being overtaken whether by law breaking idiots or not.
That way you stay fresher and more able to concentrate on your own driving for your own safety.
......as Alan Dustydog says it is better to have speeders in front where you can see what is occurring!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts