Splicing and joining cables WAGO connectors

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
For years I’ve used various methods of connecting or splicing wires, trying hard not to use Scotch connectors unless unavoidable. Recently we had electricians rewiring parts of the house and they showed me a new type, the WAGO connector, and gave me a few. The ones given to me are 20 amp 300v and use a cam lock lever to retain the cable. They also incorporate a test port for checking continuity. I’ ve done a “test” on some to see if I could pull the cable lose; no chance. So they may be useful additions to a toolkit, or when doing some work on the car/ caravan. Below is a picture of the ones I now have. The companies product range can be seen if you just Google Wago.

A17A17D7-A63F-4CB7-A497-7BE1B3B13974.jpeg

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
For years I’ve used various methods of connecting or splicing wires, trying hard not to use Scotch connectors unless unavoidable. Recently we had electricians rewiring parts of the house and they showed me a new type, the WAGO connector, and gave me a few. The ones given to me are 20 amp 300v and use a cam lock lever to retain the cable. They also incorporate a test port for checking continuity. I’ ve done a “test” on some to see if I could pull the cable lose; no chance. So they may be useful additions to a toolkit, or when doing some work on the car/ caravan. Below is a picture of the ones I now have. The companies product range can be seen if you just Google Wago.

View attachment 2428
looks OK but too bulky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts