Spoiler, Inline spoiler and Inline Code

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Could we have an explanaition of:

Spoiler and Inline Spoiler (what's the difference?)

And what is 'Inline Code' and it's uses.

Thanks and Regards,

Anseo

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Anseo
I'll try to explain based on my admittedly scant knowledge of computing.
From the 'Insert' icon it's possible to show a football score or the final result of, say, a popular tv contest such as BBC1s Strictly Come Dancing via a clickable link.
If a person hadn't yet seen the programme they might not appreciate the result being there in plain view, so the result is shown as a 'Spoiler' which means that anyone who wants to know the result has to physically click on the link to see the result.
If the link isn't clicked the final result remains hidden.

See below

Kelvin won BBC1s Strictly Come Dancing contest

An Inline Spoiler allows the user to add computing code to change the charecteristics of their spoiler.
If you wanted the result of your spoiler to flash or to be a different colour then the inline code can be added to an Inline spoiler.

Reactions: Anseo
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi Anseo
I'll try to explain based on my admittedly scant knowledge of computing.
From the 'Insert' icon it's possible to show a football score or the final result of, say, a popular tv contest such as BBC1s Strictly Come Dancing via a clickable link.
If a person hadn't yet seen the programme they might not appreciate the result being there in plain view, so the result is shown as a 'Spoiler' which means that anyone who wants to know the result has to physically click on the link to see the result.
If the link isn't clicked the final result remains hidden.

See below

Kelvin won BBC1s Strictly Come Dancing contest

An Inline Spoiler allows the user to add computing code to change the charecteristics of their spoiler.
If you wanted the result of your spoiler to flash or to be a different colour then the inline code can be added to an Inline spoiler.
Thanks Parksy, That almost clear as mud, I shall just stay away from Dancing on Ice over the winter.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Parksy, That almost clear as mud, I shall just stay away from Dancing on Ice over the winter
It's the best I can do, sorry.
Maybe Allen the Alien will reply with a better explanation.
The only ice that I have anything at all to do with is the one keeping my single malt cool Hutch ;)

Reactions: Hutch

SHaines

Staff member
Apr 9, 2019
Visit site
Hey there!

Hopefully this helps a bit.

I did not cover Inline Code. Honestly, I think this would muddy the waters more than it would help. I haven't yet thought of a reason why forum users would need it in normal discussions regarding caravans or motorhomes, but it could come in handy on forums with an emphasis on programming.

The abridged version is that it allows users with a knowledge of BBcode to adjust how certain text appears in the middle of a sentence.

Reactions: Anseo and Parksy

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts