spring assisters

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Darrell

I have fitted rubber donut's to three of the normal road cars. All did the job.(the type that fit between the coil springs)

Stability was improved, the back end of the car not dropping as far with the van on the back.

Also I always left them on, no doubt the ride in the rear was harder, but I don't travel there.

However a better solution is to stiffer springs, worth considering if you present springs are tired. Usually though cost is prohibitive.

Fitting new dampers will not prevent the back end dropping, this is the job of springs.(I refer to cars with the standard coil spring/damper set up)

It may be worth your while reducing the nose weight, with a max nose load limit I always found a nose target of 60kg to 65kg was best, over this the back end dropped more, and the steering started to get lighter , loose feel.

Again ensure the tyres are set to max load pressures, this does give a harder ride solo, but everything helps.

ps I the back end dropped to 1" I would be satisfied.

The A4 Quattro I had was fitted with sports suspension, with 65kg on the back it dropped half a inch, with the xtrail loaded to 85kg it hardly drops.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I would have thought that a half inch drop of the back end shouldn't be problem unless the car has an extremely limited suspension travel and is likely to bottom out.

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
Darrell

Apologies for the poor grammar/mistakes.

I have fitted rubber donut's to three of the normal road cars, I have owned. All did the job.(the type that fit between the coil springs)

Stability was improved, the back end of the car not dropping as far with the van on the back.

Also I always left them on, no doubt the ride in the rear was harder, but I don't travel there.

However a better solution is to fit stiffer springs, worth considering if you present springs are tired. Usually though cost is prohibitive.

Fitting new dampers will not prevent the back end dropping, this is the job of springs.(I refer to cars with the standard coil spring/damper set up)

It may be worth your while reducing the nose weight, with a max nose load limit of 75kg, I always found a nose weight target of 60kg to 65kg was best, over this the back end dropped more, and the steering started to get lighter , loose feel.

Again ensure the tyres are set to max load pressures, this does give a harder ride solo, but everything helps.

ps If the back end dropped to 1"or less I would be satisfied.

The A4 Quattro I had was fitted with sports suspension, with 65kg on the back it dropped half a inch, with the xtrail loaded to 85kg it hardly drops.

Sep 8, 2004
Visit site
had the mad ones on a fiat marea and they were superb the car barely moved when i dropped the van on,had greyson on another car and they were cheaper but a waste of money,go with the mad ones,you get what you pay for.

Jul 12, 2007
Visit site
what type would you recommend ?? , The ones in my Garage that`s what . If you find the part number for your car or the spring gap you can have the ones that I have. just pay the P/P there are new ( I got the wrong ones ) my email address is:

gscoxon@hotmail.com

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts