Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi all, can any one recommend a site close to St Malo ferry terminal for an over night stop before getting the ferry back the next morning, sails back at 10.30AM so would need to be fairly close to the terminal.

Thanks, Allan & Gill.

Jul 28, 2008
Visit site
We stayed at Domain des Ormes at Dol de Bretagne for the very same reason a few years ago (2003). It was a very easy drive to St Malo. The only down side for us was that it's a huge site with a bar that didn't close until the early hours. Even British/Irish yobs use caravans it seems - shouting and bawling as they staggered back to wherever they were staying! However, other than that it served its purpose very well.
Prior to that, in 2002, we stayed at Camping la Bel Event, Chateauneuf (just south of St Malo) which was ok, and certainly a lot quieter than Domain des Ormes.
Both sites used to be in the Camping Cheques system, but I don't think that they are any more.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't say which time of year you are going. If in the summer months look at Camping Haliotis in Pontorson - just south of Mont St Michel but easy enough to St Malo at your time. Reportedly changed hands recently but was excellent - walking distance into town, probably worth spending two nights

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi Allan & Gill.
I have used and recommend a site called Domaine du Logis at Lachapelle aux Filtzmeens. It is about 40K from St Malo and is easily accessable from the N137. Web site is http://www.domainedulogis.com/
The site was very clean and the pitches are a good size. I think I paid about 25 euros for pitch,2 Adults and Hook-up.
I hope this of help

Kind Regards
Mike

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
You don't say when you're going.

We stayed here a few years back to catch a similar ferry. http://www.ptitbois.com/

It's on the CC's overseas list. Very nice site and near to the ferry but I think it would fill up quickly in high. We were there in late August after the French Bank Holiday and it was very quiet.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for all your suggestions, we have booked to go early July 2011 and will be traveling back up from south of Bordeaux on the Friday to catch the return ferry to Portsmouth on the 10.30 Am sailing on the Saturday morning, hence the overnight stop on the Friday.

Allan & Gill.

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi, Sailed on that ferry and stayed at the site in St Malo so we could use the Vet for our Dog. But you would not be the first to arrive dockside and stay overnight waiting for the morning boat. geo

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
We spent 2 great weeks at Camping Longchamps at St Lumiere less than 5 miles from St Malo. Site was less than 100m from the beach, great facilities on site restaurant / bar etc easy walk to village with nice restaurants. They also spoke good english.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts