Stanwick Park

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi all, we have just come back from a week up at Stanwick park in Siloth, Cumbria. Overall the site is quite good and the club house has most things you need for entertainment. We stayed on the new touring part called "Skiddaw". There are about thirty pitches on this bit but can be mixed with tourers and tents. There are a lot of high trees here. The main road runs around the outside edge of the area and suplies you with plenty road noise especially from wagons and tractors from early on in the day. Some pitches are not easily accessed unless you have a mover fitted and then you will have to navigate between caravans.
The toilet block was kept very clean but there was only three wc,s and three showers with a bathroom and the handbasins but no privacy cubicals. Saying that I was never held up at all with them being full. Friday was the only day the cleaners never came round to clean the toilets, I dont know if this was change over day for the statics though.
The other part of the site (the older bit) is called "Criffel" and the layout is set up from a central road through it. The pitches are set into areas surrounded by small hedges. On one side they have six pitches and across the road there are four pitches. The quietest part on this side would be the pitches from about number 80 up to 90.
The clubhouse has all that is needed for both adults and children. Everyone staying at the site gets a pass card which has to be shown otherwise they will not let you in. There is a restaraunt but as you look at it from the reception area you will think it is a cafe. They do proper meals so if you fancy going out for one then its worth trying.
Overall the site is very clean and well laid out but given the choice I would not pick Skiddaw again. Walking to the town takes about 15 minutes round the road and you can cut across the golfcourse where you exit next to the harbour. Stanwick park has a sister site which is situated in Siloth itself and is only a two minute walk into the town where you will find a couple of take aways and a few bars. If you have not ventured up as for a Cumbria before and you are coming from the south the best way is for you to come up the M6, or across the A69 across Northumberland and both will bring you to Carlisle where you can find your way to Silith from there.

May 10, 2009
Visit site
sorry but have to disagree its stanwix park not stanwick park we have been using this site for around 10 years first in a tent then caravan skiddaw is the older part of the site and yes the pitches can be a little small but criffel is the newer part of the site with all serviced ptches and larger toilets in my opintiion the park is usally spotless and have never had anything to complain about using this site sevral times a year in fact have always said more sites should aim to be as good as this one have recommended this site to lots of people and have never heard a bad word the town is small but has everything you need a great chinese chippy coop a good sunday market nice walks down the front and a small arcade in my opnion the site has everything you could need for a good weekend or longer whatever the weather wthout feelng to comercial it has kept me and my family very happy and will continue to do so for many years to come

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi Leanne, I am afraid it is Criffel that is the oldest part. We first stayed there almost 25 years ago. We usually got a pitch just behind the clubhouse as it was nice and shaded from the elements. One of the times we could actually recieve films from the clubhouse which had a video sender connected up to a satelite and it radiated out from there. We had serviced pitch on it then.
The part where the toilet block is has a few more buildings on it, such as the campers kitchen and the toilets are abviously updated to modern standards. The Skiddaw part was only a field with grass and trees last time we were there and where the car park is next to the club was only waste land but still owned by the site. The site has been developed a lot with the extra static caravans put in place.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts