Sterling Eccles Sport 514

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
The van you are looking at makes no difference at all if it's used. All the normal rules about condition, servicing, being sure everything works as it should etc..

If it's new then condition and finish inside and out are key for initial viewing then at handover it's a double check everything is as it should be then a thorough trial to makes sure everything works as it should before taking the van off the forecourt.

As far as that particular make and model it's down to personal choice and what you like. Personally I'm not keen on any of the current swift range of vans and haven't liked a single Eccles interior for years as I say personal preferences where decor is concerned.

Good luck and fingers crossed it's still there.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
I do like the interior but my only concern is walking over a wet shower everytime you want to use the toilet its a 2014 model.
http://www.elitecaravans.co.uk/used-caravan-sterling-eccles-sport-514-sr-one-owner-fsh-motor-mover-solar-panel-11778

Aug 23, 2009
Visit site
The rear of that is the same as the rear of our Turin.

There are five of us using it and no problems at all, indeed for us it's proved to be better than our previous end washrooms. Just a case of drying the shower out each use.

Either use a microfibre cloth or a Karcher window vac. Our toilet is separated by a solid door, which this Eccles is too, you really don't want just a curtain.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
As far as used caravans are concerned then go for what you like, The difference between the makes is not that great and I would be looking at that particular example and very little else. If the layout suits you and the colour scheme is fine then that should be the one for you.
What you need to do is make sure you get all the service documentation to show the services have been carried out in line with the Swift requirements and get any remaining warranty transferred to you. Make sure you have a damp check test results and that it it is dry and examine the exterior, particularly the front and back panels for minor cracks. Hopefully everything will be fine but it needs checking.
Get the dealer to give you a thorough handover demonstration and video it if you can to use later when you have forgotten what was said and make sure everything works.
Hope all goes well and the caravan gives you plenty of good holidays.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Managed to take a loook this afternoon really impressed with it after wanting a Bailey pursuit this caravan is on another level compared to the Bailey. So will sleep on it tonight and give them a answer tomorrow.

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Sterling didn't get off the ground but i'm in for a Swift Challenger sport 514 2012 version private sale with all goodies inc ready to go with 2 awnings throw in. need to travel but hopefully by Saturday evening i shall have a caravan on my drive. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts