Still Learning

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi to everyone, well I am about to start my 3rd season of touring and still consider myself pretty much a novice when it comes to caravans but I also think thats a big part of the attraction, every time we set off on a trip there is something new about it all.
Anyway a bit about us and our outfit, I had been a tent camper for about 5 years starting at the ripe old age of around 46/47 after trying and failing to get my wife to give it a try for 20 yrs previously, once she did reluctantly give it a go she was hooked and absolutely loved the outdoor lifestyle, we only decided to switch to a caravan on a whim because it meant we could get away when it was still too cold for the tent and so have even more holidays, I had a very narrow escape in as much that I almost bought a van from a dealer that he had tgaken in part ex which in my naievety I thought I could fix up, while waiting for the regulation safety checks to be done over the few days prior to actually making the purchase I heard of another van for sale privately which is the one I bought, still own and absolutey love, its an Avondale Avocet 1999 2 berth and is in wonderful condition, sourcing spares can be a problem as with any older van but with ingenuity things can often be sorted ( I have a great tip if anyone has a problem with the square fixed ceiling lights stopping working ) we have had so many weekends away I've lost count as well as taking the grand children away for 2 weeks each summer, we soon extend our 2 berth into a 6 berth with the addition of an awning and now 2 bedroom annexes, it never ceases to amaze me how we bought this caravan which came with every single thing we needed, we would never have to spend any more money because it was all there, strange how we often visit caravan accessory shops and walk out with much lighter wallets and much heavier bags of more equipment, I could go on and on for page after page (my wife reckons I do all the time ) talking about caravanning but I will leave it at that for now as I'm going out to the van to give it its first clean after the winter as we shall be setting off on our first trip this year within the next couple of weeks, have fun everyone and enjoy your van, its what we bought them for after all.
Beehpee

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Beehpee, welcome to the Practical Caravan forum.
As caravanners we never stop learning, there's always a new place to visit or something that we didn't know which could be what makes our hobby so popular amongst those of us who took the plunge and embarked on caravanning and continue to enjoy it.
We look forward to every trip and have met some wonderful people when we've been away. I'm staying at home to catch up on domestic chores this weekend but like yourself we get away at weekends as often as we can so no doubt you will be really looking forward to your first outing this year. (we've had two so far
smiley-tongue-out.gif
)
If you enjoy discussions about caravanning I'm sure that you will enjoy being a member of this forum, there's always something to talk about so we'll look forward to you joining in
smiley-laughing.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts