stolen caravan

Nov 30, 2006
Visit site
hello everyone

I know its a sad note to start on, been caravaning for nine yrs.

thought wewould treat our selfs to a new van. so we went out and bought ourself a lunar lexon EW twin axle had it two mths and some creatin went and stolen it from manchester, we noticed it had gone in ten minutes, phoned the police.

and gess what nothing after that . it is so annoying that the police can chase bank robbers but a van is just a box on wheels if their is any body eles with in the manche4ster area that has had their van stolen please get in touch. as we are trying to push the police to do more for caravaners

Aug 25, 2006
Visit site
Best of luck,mate.

To be brutally honest, you`ve got to hope that the toe-rags will exceed a speed limit if they are to be caught.

Maybe if we had a government "target" assigned to this crime it may be taken as seriously as it deserves to be.

Sep 13, 2006
Visit site
Tell them that you might have left a potentially harmful boobytrap device in the van and they will be around straight away.

They are much more interested in people who want to protect their property than the actual thieves!

Dec 5, 2006
Visit site
i can sympathise the storage site i use has an eight foot high earth work surround with an electric fence on and an alarm running through that. the gypo's turned up one night with a JCB dug through everything and made off with four large caravans

Sep 21, 2006
Visit site
Really sorry to hear Dennis, know just how you feel. Policing of caravan crime an issue nationally it seems from posts on caravanning web sites. Not everything can be a priority, but after having two vans stolen and knowing how brazen and confident these people are (taking vans in broad daylight and caring not that they are seen) seems a more pro-active approach called for before someone else gets hurt. Try writing to your MP / Chief Constable. The law should apply equally to all, but these particular type of offenders appear to have absolute confidence they will not be caught! I have asked for figures on how many caught and prosecuted for caravan crime, but incredibly, I am advised that it is not recorded separately! Until the prospect of being brought to justice inreases significantly us caravan owners will continue to be regarded as fair game in my humble opinion. These are our weekend/holiday homes, which we work hard for. We have a right to expect a robust repsonse from the law when they are stolen!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts