Stolen caravans

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The giveaway is the oval decal on the front of one of the vans which say LMC. and the others are all identical models.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Not sure how you find so many LMC models in one area never mind steal them. If the culprits were not travellers I would be very surprised bearing in mind that they would be very obvious if offered to the market.

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
Not clear which direction they were travelling but there are two dealers advertising LMC in this area, one in Pwllheli and one in Rhyl so presumably for a set of similar vans to have been nicked they came from one of those! From the roads named in the newspaper report I would suspect the former as the A487 runs north from the area towards the A55 and away into England!

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021
Visit site
The IN thing in North Wales. Any one identify the make of caravans? See https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-57119609
A bit late with my comments on this but ... I was the owner of one of the six caravans that got stolen in the early hours of Friday morning 14th May from North Wales. Unfortunately my 2 week old (LMC) Lord Brilliant 700 has not been recovered and it is very unlikely it ever will be. Two other LMC 695s were stolen from our site at the same time. The Police did their best to track them down via traffic cameras and told us they knew the location of the two LMC 695s according to drone footage. Whilst waiting for a firearms warrant (yes firearms!!!) and then getting the cooperation of Cheshire Police to raid the site, a second pass by a drone a few days later revealed that the caravans had been moved on. As we all know the Police are overstretched and a missing persons case in the area was putting further pressure on their resources. It was over 3 weeks before a CID office was assigned to the case. Were it not for two response officers going the extra mile nothing at all would have been done apart from the issuing of a crime number. What the BBC report doesn't mention is that the person who was arrested was bailed on Saturday morning, tagged and told to live at permanent address in the Coventry area - yeah right! It was easy to track him down on the internet along with his previous convictions. His permanent address is a travellers site in Coventry. When you start searching the internet about stolen caravans its funny how often Coventry comes up. A word of warning to all caravanners who think that their caravan is safe, as I did with a quality hitchlock, bulldog wheel clamp, Nemesis wheel to chassis lock and rear stay locks, they are not. These people are well organised. They come in the early hours and cut through your security silently with oxy-acetylene in seconds. They enter the site by cutting through fences in adjacent fields without triggering the site's security devices and sometimes take the caravans out the same way. This is major organised crime which is Europe-wide not just the UK. Something needs to be done about this legally and democratically but it needs those that have had their caravans stolen to get organised and escalate this issue through the appropriate channels.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Morning Mancken, I’m sure you were absolutely gutted that the van got stolen, unfortunately it’s the world we live in where people want to just take other people’s possessions rather than work hard to buy there own, I had a car stolen years ago by same ethnicity of people on a site in Coventry, and similar that the police could not get clearance to enter the site, I’m sure they would have eventually but before they did a friend of mine who was not afraid of anyone simply walked into the site with the spare key and drove it out, some say he was foolish to risk it but he got my car back, hope you get a new caravan soon if you haven’t already.

BP

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I’m sure they would have eventually but before they did a friend of mine who was not afraid of anyone simply walked into the site with the spare key and drove it out, some say he was foolish to risk it but he got my car back

Thats how I would have dealt with it, with one small change. A diversion at the other side of their camp, cause a bit of consternation and have them investigating it. Its called AI. Airborne Initiative.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
A bit too brave for me but I would suggest he tells the police and hopefully they would be there to prevent any trouble, if not have someone videoing the encounter.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts