Stopping off en route - where do you do it?

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
Hsving recently become part of the towing community, I began to happily make plans for this years summer holiday in the New Forest, some four hours drive away.

We're not big fans of motorway services - expensive and tarmaced. We have a toddler and for non-towing trips we were let in on a big secret - join the NT which frequently have venues with a decent place to eat and somewhere for the kids to let off steam (outside anyway).

Well, this made me think, I bet there are places out there where you could happily stop off with your outfit and do a similar thing - a few hours break from the drive for some nice food and fresh air in a safe environment for the kids to let off steam. Any ideas? Anywhere in the UK...This could be a real service!

I can start it off. Clumber Park nr Worksop, Notts is NT. Caravans, motorhomes etc can park up for the day to use the park. Ideal for a stop off en route or even as a day out at the end of your holiday after you've packed up. So over to you..

Mar 24, 2008
Visit site
We have stopped off at Bodnant Gardens with our caravan, we got some funny looks but they didn't stop us, there again it is a very small Eriba and they do have a lot of parking space. However I doubt you would get away with it if people started to do it on a regular basis - or with large outfits.

TRENDING THREADS