Suffolk 4x4 Show & Autojumble

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

I wanted to let you know about this event happening on May 14th & 15th.
Suffolk Land Rover Owners Club has been asked to run the offroad elements of this show again in 2011 and we are really looking forward to it.
There are two courses available over the weekend as per last year, both of which have LANTRA certification. The offroad course is technical and will keep you interested. Advice or tuition can be provided by our Marshals if required. The green lane experience course runs for 2 miles around the park amongst woodland which used to be the bomb dump for the airfield during WW2. This guided trip gives a taste of what real Green Laning is all about with the added bonus of a couple of deep holes (not compulsory) to drop into!
Best of all, both courses cost just £10 per vehicle for campers for the whole weekend! Bargain or what?

If we can get the clubs there that would be brilliant, no matter what marque or model of 4x4 you prefer. And as we all know 4x4's are such good towing hacks that this could be an event thaat caravan clubs might wish to rally at. Hopefully we can get a really good cross section of owners all showing off their vehicles and supporting their clubs. To that end I have to apologise if it seems like I am spamming every forum in sight, it's just I'd really like to see this event take off, as Suffolk tends to be left out a bit when it comes to such events. Also if you know of any other clubs, autojumblers or traders who might like a presence, please let them know about this event.
We are catering for the kids (under 12's go free!) as well with Kiddies Bike trials so don't forget to throw their bikes on board too. Herts 4x4 Club are taking care of this and are hoping to also run some trial sections for total beginners to try their 4x4's on.
Rougham Airfield is a great venue, just outside Bury St Edmunds and right beside the A14 off J45, so easy to get to. Plenty of camping space with camping available from Friday night. Club stand space is available as well with 6 free vehicle passes and 12 personal passes. Extra places can be booked and online booking attracts a nice discount.

Webpage is online and features online booking facilities Here

SLROC are not the organisers nor do we share in any of the profits that might be made, we just want to see a local event take off. That and the fact that for those who do not wish to take their 4x4 offroad, SLROC are running our charity rides again, where you can jump in one of our Land Rovers and be driven around either course instead: At last year's event we made £1270 for local charities including the EACH Treehouse Appeal!

Cheers

DEANO

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Brian,
Good to hear that.
I think it will be a great weekend and the ideal place for those Shiny towing hacks to partake of a little gentle offroading or greenlaning. Nothing too strenuous or damaging as we want you to have a good time and come back next year. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts