Suggested overnight stop between Dunkerque and Vias, using the A75

Sep 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi,
Last year we took 2 nights to cover the above,stayed just outside of Rouen and then again South of Clermond Ferrand. The A75 for any one left to try it, was ok if not rather tedious, you just wanted the endless inclines and the run downs to end! Could any one recommend a stopover just over midway say at around 60%, not far off the main carriageway.
I would appreciate any advice, thank you.
Regards Paul.

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Clermont Ferrand is about 60% of the way south, but you'll need a very early start to get there in one hit. We've done La Grange Fort (just south of Clermont Ferrand) to Calais in one hit, but it was a VERY long day and I think we arrived at Chateau du Gandspette at Calais at 9.30 pm. - not every site will still let you on at that time. There's a municipal site at Issoire, just south of Clermont Ferrand, which is near to the autoroute, near to a supermarket with cheap fuel, and nice for an overnight stop. There's also Camping Le Filature, at Ebrueil, just north of Clermont Ferrand, where the road is still the A71. We've not stayed on any sites between Vierzon (good municipal) and Montlucon on the A71, as we usually use the non-toll roads, but have stayed at Nevers, St Pierre le Moutier, St Pourcain sur Sioule, and Gannat - all of which are off the N road and within easy distance of the road.
Personally I think the A75 is a lovely route - the views more than make up for the hills - and it's our favourite route to get down to the Mediterranean.

TRENDING THREADS