Suggestions please?

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
In the past I have received some excellent suggestions non caravan related. We have a small conservatory leading off from our kitchen. We have to leave the sliding door that leads to the outside open so that the cats can get in and out during the night instead of disturbing us. The gap is about 6" wide from bottom to top.
No issue in the summer, but in the winter it gets very cold in the conservatory as no radiators in the conservatory and not much point having an oil heater as the heat will be wasted. As the conservatory is double glazed glass from top to bottom I don't think that cat flap can be fitted, but I may be wrong. We cannot fit a cat flap a cat flap through the wall either as it will go either into the bathroom or bedroom.
Besides leaving them locked out all night can anyone offer any suggestions? Thanks.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
My son fitted a cat flap in his conservatory glass door, it reacts with the micro chip so only his cats can get entry.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
A good idea but I wouldn’t think the security matches that achieved by the OEM patio door locks and keeps. Our son had a cat flap inserted into a custom cut glazing panel that replaced the original one.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
A good idea but I wouldn’t think the security matches that achieved by the OEM patio door locks and keeps. Our son had a cat flap inserted into a custom cut glazing panel that replaced the original one.
Only found out now that the glass needs to be replaced with a custom cut glazing panel and I think that will cost an arm and leg as it is quite a big panel. We think that the Petsafe fitted insert unit is the way forward. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts