Sunderland

Mar 23, 2005
Visit site
Hi

My son will be ski racing at an artificial ski slope somewhere near Sunderland in May and I am struggling to find any caravan sites near there. Can anyone suggest a nice site with / without lots of facilities. We just need clean toilets/showers and perhaps play area/shop. Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I live in Sunderland, about 15mins from ski slope

There are a few, and if you are a CC member the obvious one is Grange this site is up to CC standards and is just off the A1 (M)

Another site is a very pretty commercial site at Finchale Abbey this is located between Durham and Sunderland.

There is a site in South Sheilds very near to the beach.

There are numerous sites in Notth yorkshire Teesdale Weardale Tyne dale and Northumberland all within say 50 miles I use some quite often so if you are interested in a particular area I can do a bit of research for you

Regards -

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Grange site mentioned by Shiraz and recently purchased by the Caravan Club from the local council is being completely refurbished this year SO might not be open for business yet.The site does take non-members also.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Try White Water Park at Stockton,it's just off the A19 next to Teeside barrage about 25 miles from Sunderland,where there is a canoe slalom course. It is a C.C site and the toilets are immaculate, there is a small play park on the site and a pub outside which also has a play area this overlooks the slalom course. It is also within walking distance of a large ASDA and Teeside which has cinemas, bowling ally and numerious shops, this site is realy worth considering.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi

Thanks for all the suggestions, I think we are going to go for the Bobby Shafto site.
Hi Rae I live near ythe bobby shaftoe site and have heard pretty bad reports, it is ok if you are going to Beamish Museam. Never been myself but I think the other suggestions would be better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts