Sunncamp Air

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, I've gone from owning a full size awning and a Kampa porch to owning none in the last couple of days having sold both to pay towards buying a SUNNCAMP AIRVOLUTION 280 ULTIMA DELUXE, I've pretty much made up my mind on getting this as seems to be the only one that can have a bedroom annexe fitted to it, I wondered if anyone had actually bought either this or the 390 version, I'm switching to air type as want the easiest to erect while still having the option of having an annexe ready for when my 2 yr old g/daughter and my minus 2 week old g/daughter or poss g/son are ready to start coming away with us, so I'm really hoping to get a response from someone who actually has this type, thanks in advance peeps.

BP

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Just a heads up, the Kampa Rally Ace Pro will take an annex on either side. Not your original question, but it offers a choice B)

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi again, I'm happy with any and all replies but any suggestions regarding other makes etc are only going to be relevant if it can take a bedroom annexe, also my caravan can definitely take a 280 width but anything bigger I'm gonna have to check again, I know I can't get the Kampa 390 on because my roof starts to slope in less but I must check exactly what the max flat part is as wouldn't mind bigger if it's poss, awnings all seem to be made for rail heights of 235-250 whereas mine sits at 217 but I always pitch onto a 10 cm height wooden block and haven't had a problem with either the full awning or the Kampa rally both of which are aimed at 235/250 so I don't see an inflatable type being any different,
The next job is to find stockists within about an hours drive so I can go check these in the flesh so to speak, I would rather see the real thing than just look at pictures online.

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Beehpee said:
... awnings all seem to be made for rail heights of 235-250 whereas mine sits at 217 but I always pitch onto a 10 cm height wooden block and haven't had a problem with either the full awning or the Kampa rally both of which are aimed at 235/250 so I don't see an inflatable type being any different,

Full awnings are relatively unaffected by awning rail height, as long as the ground to ground measurement is correct, and you can adjust them for ground slope (assuming you have adjustable poles). I had a 1993 Lunar with a 'boat shaped' roof and therefore a low awning rail measurement. Porch awnings (which are critical to awning rail height) always gave problems and I ended up putting an extra set of pegging loops around the awning bottom, about 6 inches higher than the normal ones, to accommodate the height differences. Full use of the adjustment on the metal poles was also needed. You may not have this adjustment on air poles.

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm only 8 cm short of what they give as guide so reckon I'll risk it, worst case is an extra bit of plank under the wheels lol.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts