Surreal & Ironic- Caravan Theft

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Afternoon All,

We are having major roadwork's down our road, the OH went out to the bin to put rubbish in and the traffic is up to our house, she noticed a distinctively "poor persons" transit van (i think you can guess without me saying it)with a caravan on the back, my OH was 95% sure that it was out mates as it was the same make, model doors and windows in the right place for the model, it ironically had patch up work and visible creases where he crashed his van into a tree a few years ago. with this the other half phone our mate to see where he was, he was at work, she told him the situation, he couldn't get hold of the bloke at the farm he stores his van at, so left a message. With this the OH phoned the police who then started to look for it.

They found the guy, pulled him over and apparently the bloke had miracuously lost the keys and was on his way to a locksmiths.

Our mate rang back and said he spoke to the guy and confirmed his caravan was still there. When the OH related this back to the Police they advised are you sure, has the bloke been round and checked, she said as far as i am aware, she said why, they then said, ok we have taken possession of the caravan for reasons which we cannot tell you, but if your mate does get home and his van is not there then get him to give us a call.

Ironic on the day that the forum and the papers are reporting about the police having cracked a caravan theft ring!!!

Cheers

Rob.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts