Swift Kontiki 610 Water System

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
Hello and apologies for my ignorance on such simple matters. I am new to motorhoming and have just bought this vehicle and still trying to work through its ins and outs before venturing forth. I filled up the water tank . and turned on the electrics to give it a flow through and test the taps and shower etc .I noticed water was flowing freely from underneath the mid section of the vehicle onto the road. I thought it would be a case of a faulty stop plug in the water tank but no problems there. It is nothing to do with the waste water tank either so I fear maybe something to do with the boiler? I am probably mssing something very basic and simple so advice and suggestions would be gratefully received.Thanks

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Most units have some form of drain down valve to allow the water system, including the water heater, to be drained down to prevent frost damage during the winter months. After a drain down, which probably took place before you took delivery, it is quite common to leave the drain down valve in the open position. This valve is usually mounted on the floor close to the water heater with the drain tube going through the floor. Some outfits have an automatic drain valve but most I have come across are a simple manual valve where a yellow tab is pulled up to open it.

Check your user manual section relevant to drain down or, if your manual is missing, check in the locker where your water heater is located and look for a square yellow tab sticking up in a vertical position. Click it down into the closed, horizontal position and try charging your water system again.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts