swift warranty???

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Just want some advice I have a one year old swift oakmere (dealer special) I am seriously thinking of getting a mover fitted but wonder does this affect the warranty in any way as i guess at sone point they need to make a hole.

A swift response would be great as It may be ordered in the morning

cheers

Charlie

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Charlie, No fitting a mover will not affect your warrenty providing any holes in the floor are sealed to spec and all other terms of the warrenty are met.and the mover is fitted to the manufacturers fitting instructions are followed. George. (METSERVICE Swift Approved Engineer)

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Cheers,

we are looking at the pwrtouch hd with electic engagement. Trying to sort a deal as Farther in law has just bought a van and he wants one too so if we can get a deal on buying two can save some cash for beer money.

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
HI CHARLIE you have made a good choice we have a twin pwrtouch mover we have had it 4 over year no problems they r worth their weight in gold all the best happy caravanning ALAN P/T

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Ordered it and get it fitted on the 22nd of this month, very happy with the deal and cant wait as it will mean ona friday i can pick the van p from storage on my own and have it hitched when Oh arrives and leaves car in storage.

cant wait for saturday and 9 days at keswick CCC as its half term. Joys of being a teacher 13 weeks vanning to squuze in.

happy vanning

G

Enjoy your break, however you may wish not to make your extensive holiday allowance so public, considering the level of public debt and the number of other workers either not getting holidays, or losing their jobs altogether.

I do admit that I was surprised to hear the schools are closing for a whole week after they have only been back for 5 weeks. When I was a schoolboy (long time ago) you were lucky to get a Monday half term, and that was it. I did read in our newspapers that local State teachers were 'stranded' in the snow in January, and had to stay at home on full pay (poor lambs). However shopworkers were expected to get in regardless, or lose pay. Curiously enough, there are a large number of independent schools in Edinburgh and all their staff managed to get to work in adjacent schools.

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
so whats the problem with charlie stating the holidays due ?, there are plenty of members who post regularly about touring around europe for months at a time scotch lad, dont read yer advice to them. weel done charlie, ye deserve it, doing a job nowadays that has far more stress involved that years gone by, enjoy all yer breaks.

G

He can state what he likes. However I am sure there are others, who work possibly just as hard, but do not share such benevolent employers, may feel slightly grieved. Also, I know of a number of parents who had to take days from their own holiday entitlement, because the teachers were 'unable' to get to work. That chuffed them I am sure.

It also seems, certainly here, that every holiday has an extra day added because the teachers are 'training'. One wonders why they cannot do that during the regular vacation, not take extra days, but I am sure it has something to do with H%S.

I also think you will find that the majority of members taking extended breaks (and I include myself) are retired and have done their 4 score years, or more of graft. While working I was lucky to get 2 weeks in a year that I could call vacation, but as they say, that was my 'tough luck'.

Anyway, I do not wish to get into any arguments for and against the teaching profession. I merely felt that the comment was 'gloating' in a way, although I may have misunderstood.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Scotch lad, you comment re making the amount of holidays public. Are the amount of teachers holidays private??

your comments are a bit curt

Good luck to Charlie if he can get 13 weeks off a year. Id love it if I could get 13 weeks as well

Kevin

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
"He can state what he likes. However I am sure there are others, who work possibly just as hard, but do not share such benevolent employers "

exactly scotch lad, he can state what he likes, after all it is a public forum. as for your ignorance toward our professional teaching staff, why didn't you go that route, then you too would have been entitled to the allocation of annual leave as they thouroughly deserve, it aint no easy job especially nowadays. you make it quite clear with other posts that you have a bee in yer bonnet toward them, came across in the posts re being snowed in and not making it to work, once again you mention it in this thread. that was beaten to death in the original posting scotch lad, so no use going over old ground. move on a bit and give respect where due, or, leave people alone.

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
oooops seems I have opened a can of worms all from a caravan mover.......what a link.

I must try to defend our schools for what we do. I know some people will scoff at what is said but hey ho. Schools do not take shutting for the day lightly at all and it is true it is mainly down to H and S. Many teachers live outside of their schools local area in order to avoid "seeing" kids on weekends etc. When I first started teaching I lived local and would often see the Children and it gets annoying, I alos had my front window put through by a pupil. This caused me to move away and face a one hour drive each day.

There are decisions that are made that when it snows /adverse weather we have to make sure the Children can get into school and home safely. If this is not possible decisions have to be made. A few years ago our school shut as we could not get enough staff in to supervise and ensure the safety of the Children. That day took me 4 hours to get in and 3 to get home.

When we do have to shut for what ever reason. It is not like a days holiday. we are expected to do work at home , planning, assessment developing resources etc.

Schools now provide logins so staff can work from home and access school intranet. So we are infact still working.

As regards the training days these are not a schools decision these are deemed by the Local authority which takes guidance from government on the number of days a Child is entitled to for education.

The Holidays I agree are long in comparision to most and some may be Jealous of this fact. (I know I would be) But then shopworkers at times seem to have more rights to work in a safe environment. We also have to deal with numerous false allegations which can ruin a persons career. I will give you an example of a friend who patted a lad on the back to say well done. Child complained he had been assaulted and teacher automatically suspended for 2 months. Investigation revealed nothing. He has now left teaching. Child who made allegation nothing happened to!

On average I will be sworn directly at around 15 times per week. i have to plan 22 lessons a week (takes half hour for each) then mark 22 sets of 30 books another 11 hours. Then there is the tests which have to drawn up and marked , coursework catch up sessions. Oh did i mention we regularly run revision sessions in "our holidays" for maybe two or three days a week?

Also there are the endless government ideas which we have to implement into lessons- Every chold matters ( one of the key prioritis of this is be safe!!!! mmmmmmm snow)

If we do not achieve all this we are held accountable.

So I repeat roll on Saturday. I am of to Keswick CCC. 13 weeks holidays the joys of being a teacher

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts