SwiftChallenger 560 580 bathroom key? Other central washroom swifts?

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Just taken delivery delivery of a dealer special based on this model. Noticed thatthe bathroom door can be locked on the inside, and there is a keyhole on the outside. Did you get a key with yours? My daughter locked herself in the house many years ago and we couldn’t explain how to unlock it! Fortunately there was an upstairs open window!

Also no plugs for sinks or shower. I wonder if these and the keys are together somewhere?

these vans seem much more secure that my precious swift challenger. On this on you would have to do damage to get through the locked internal door..

Last edited:

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have never come across a key operated lock on a caravan bathroom door, or even a domestic bathroom door .

What is usually fitted is a turnbuckle on the inside so that the occupant can lock the door , but on the outside is a slot in which a screwdriver or similar flat bladed instrument can unlock from the outside in the event of an emergency.

As far as plugs are concerned, it seems very common that none are supplied with any make of van, which I think is that there is not one needed in the shower, and makers think that users will use a washing up bowl in the main kitchen sink to prevent scratching of the stainless steel, or ceramic bowl.

Why they do not think users need a bathroom sink plug is beyond me.

Apr 13, 2021
Visit site
Thanks for that. I just assumed that it was a key slot, using a screwdriver would make more sense. I’m sure you are right.

I can’t remember having to buy a sink plug on any of our 3 previous new vans. But perhaps I’m getting forgetful? Previous sink was composite and we washed up in that. A tiny amount of grit trapped beneath the bow would cause a lot of scratching in a stainless sink.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our Buccaneer came with plugs for shower, bathroom basin and also kitchen sink. We use a plastic basin in the kitchen sink to prevent and scratching.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
All the years we have been caravanning always you a plastic bowl for washing up so far the caravan has no scratches .on the kitchen sink .

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We do use a plastic owl for washing up but still got a plug for the sink and one for the shower. The washbasin has a pop up plug though so that is one thing less to lose.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts