tail light problem

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
hi, hoping some one can help, i have a lunar clubman si 2009, for about 6 months now as soon as i put my van back in storage the battery drains very quickly, a couple of days ago the owner of the storage site phoned to say he now knows why this is, he noticed in the dark that the tail light was on all the time very faint so only visible in dark, i have connected van to car and lights are working fine and very visible but when disconnected they stay on and they go really dim, cant understand how this happens, any ideas much appreciated, photo attached of tail light.caravan tail light.jpg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Hello Andy, and welcome, strange that you have clearly made at least 1 posting but your count is still at zero.

As I think you suspect, the caravan 12 volt circuits should be totally separate from the external road lights. Therefore I suspect you have a short some where between the two circuits. As a temporary measure while this is investigated, I suggest disconecting the battery while in storage.

John

May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi Andy welcome to the forum as John has already said the 2 circuits are separate, I would start by checking the towing plug on caravan for corrosion on both the plug part that connects to tow car and also the back where the cable from the caravan connects as this is the place the 2 circuits are in close proximity

Gra

Oct 1, 2021
Visit site
Hi Andy welcome to the forum as John has already said the 2 circuits are separate, I would start by checking the towing plug on caravan for corrosion on both the plug part that connects to tow car and also the back where the cable from the caravan connects as this is the place the 2 circuits are in close proximity

Gra
Will check that thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts