Taking dogs to Italy

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone got any experience of taking a dog to Italy..Lake Garda please?
We have been taking our dog to France and Northern Spain with no problems but were wondering if we would find any differences in rules/attitudes in Italy.

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
hi we have not taken our dog but when we went to lake Garda we stayed at San Francesco site which allows dogs but they must be properly controlled.
A German couples dog bit someone and they were im mediately removed from the site.
The site also accepts acsi cards

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
hi we have not taken our dog but when we went to lake Garda we stayed at San Francesco site which allows dogs but they must be properly controlled.
A German couples dog bit someone and they were im mediately removed from the site.
The site also accepts acsi cards and is right on the lakeside.

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
We have taken our two yorkies to the Lake Garda region on two occasions, we have had no problems but did take muzzles as theses are apparently required although we never saw a dog wearing one but had them just in case.
the dog is required to wear a muzzle if using the Lake Garda boats though.
we find when in Europe that dogs are widely accepted in a lot of places, restaurants etc so not a restriction like it is here in the uk. (and we are meant to be animal lovers)

Enjoy your trip to Lake Garda.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
sunshinetraveller said:
Has anyone got any experience of taking a dog to Italy..Lake Garda please?
We have been taking our dog to France and Northern Spain with no problems but were wondering if we would find any differences in rules/attitudes in Italy.

I would not rely on answers in an anonymous forum to advise you about any legalities of taking pets abroad. Check with your vet, and also look up the local laws for the areas you intend to travel to.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I made inquires at the Italian tourist board a couple of years ago and was told that dogs must be muzzled on public transport and to check with the local tourist board of the area I wished to visit as some areas also state that dogs must be muzzled when in any public area. I went to Croatia instead. B)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts