Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
Hi new to caravans so bought an older van to see how it goes ,everything works except 1 tap is not switching pump on changed micro switch still not working taps are whale elite type any advice welcome as I haven't got a clue what I'm doing van is a 2001 conqueror 610 lux tia

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to recap...

Logic suggests that if the pump works when other taps are used, that proves the pump and the bulk of the wiring, so if its only one tap that's not working, then it strongly points to the either the micro switch in that tap or possible the wiring to just that tap.

You have already changed the microswitch, so now assuming you have replaced the micro switch correctly points to the wiring to that particular switch. Just in case you didn't know all the tap switches are connected in parallel, so any tap will complete the power circuit for the pump.

As JCL has suggested if you can short put the two wires at the microswitch that should operate the pump. If it doesn't then its must be a fault on that pair of wires. You will need to trace the wires back to where it connects to the the other switch wires.

If you don't feel confident in doing wiring then you will need to get hands on help.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
No how would I do that micro switch has 3 prongs

But only two wires! Perhaps I should have said bridge instead of short. If bridging the wires operates the pump, the fault will be with the switch operation. If it does not, the fault is with that pair of wires or its connectors.

John

Oct 3, 2022
Visit site
Just to recap...

Logic suggests that if the pump works when other taps are used, that proves the pump and the bulk of the wiring, so if its only one tap that's not working, then it strongly points to the either the micro switch in that tap or possible the wiring to just that tap.

You have already changed the microswitch, so now assuming you have replaced the micro switch correctly points to the wiring to that particular switch. Just in case you didn't know all the tap switches are connected in parallel, so any tap will complete the power circuit for the pump.

As JCL has suggested if you can short put the two wires at the microswitch that should operate the pump. If it doesn't then its must be a fault on that pair of wires. You will need to trace the wires back to where it connects to the the other switch wires.

If you don't feel confident in doing wiring then you will need to get hands on help.
Thanks will try shortening wires if that don't work I'll have to get help or ignore it think it has to be something simple

Jan 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi iduffy
My name is Hayley and I work in the marketing team at Whale.
Please feel free to contact our Customer Service Team who will do all they can to assist you with your query. You can call them on 0345 9090 911 or email info@whalepumps.com.
Alternatively, please privately send me the best number to get you on and I will get one of our team to give you a call.
Best wishes,
Hayley

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts