Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello MacH,

You were correct your last mail did not stay on for long, I happpened to read it, a few minutes after you posted it. Whilst I do not always agree with you, as I think you do try to be a bit controversial at times, I do think you deserve an explanation. As I understand it you should be contacted by the Moderator who thinks that a post is not suitable, by e-mail direct to you, explaining why it has been removed.

If the Moderator who removed the post is reading this reply, then I think you owe MacH an explanation, the post that has been removed was not controversial, it only pointed out that some of his posts were being removed.

I am fairly new to Forums, however I have tried to be a vauluable member and have with my limited knowledge offered help in a few cases, I on the other hand have gained a great deal of knowledge that will set me in good stead when I eventually take delivery of my long waited & first van.

I do think that members of the Forum deserve an explanation in this case.

Best regards,

George

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi George

Although moderators often provide explanations as to why posts have been removed they are under no obligation to do so.

In his repeated posts requiring explanations as to why his earlier post was removed MacHighlander omitted to mention that he has received several previous explanations from me via email in which I've explained the rules of this forum, tried to explain to MacHighlander about the way that this forum operates and done my best to persuade MacHighlander to conform to the rules of this forum.

I have copies of all of my correspondence in connection with my duties as a forum moderator and the most recent to MacHighlander was on 19/03/2010 at 00:58.

These copies are kept by moderators in case of disputes and form part of the moderators archive which helps to keep all forum moderators current with forum developments.

This most recent email, one of several that evening between us, once again reiterated that inflammatory topics meant to provoke fellow forum members would be removed.

Because of the relatively high number of posts submitted by Highlander/ MacHighlander which have been removed from the forum in the short space of time that he has been a member of this forum I warned MacHighlander in my last email that any posts submitted by him that broke the rules of the forum in any way would henceforth be deleted without comment or explanation from forum moderators.

Copies of this email were sent to all moderators and also to the administrator of this forum at Haymarket Publishing.

I also warned that any enquiries or demands for explanations from moderators would in future be removed without comment.

Further details of the reasons behind the deletion of the post which MacHighlander requires information about as well as the series of MacHighlander's posts which were also removed on Friday (26/03/2010) will now be forwarded to the forum administrator who will decide what action (if any) will now be taken.

I appreciate that you are sincere in your wish to see fair play George but because MacHighlander seems to be incapable or unwilling to respond to advice, requests or warnings we have unfortunately reached the point where further warnings only exacerbate the situation.

To be truly fair and objective it's better that the situation is now dealt with by the administrator who is impartial and not involved in the day to day running of this forum.

There will be no further comment on this matter for the time being.

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Hello Parksy,

Thank you for this comprehensive explanation of the situation, I accept your ruling on this matter, not having been aware of the many problems in the past.

MacH, I think you need to ask yourself, should you try not to be as contraversial in the future.

Best regards,

George

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts