Thanks to Haymarket.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For a long time we suffered ( and I use the word deliberately) the inadequacies of the previous forum, and what on the face of it seemed to be a lack of real support from the forum owner to update and enhance it. Partly due to its shortcomings and certainly in its latter days its distinctly user unfriendliness I am pretty certain we lost some long term members along the way.

Its a refreshing change to find the new forum is easy to use (with a few teething troubles) but more importantly when things have gone slightly awry the technicians have got on the job quickly and got them sorted.

Its also good to see more direct comments from Haymarket employees, both about topics and introducing links to editorial material.

I would also like to thank the moderators for the sterling work they put into the forum. Both Parksy and Damian have stuck with the forum for years and carried out what at times can be a quite demanding job.

We seem to be getting some new forum members and that's good news. Perhaps laiek teh old British rail slogan - We're Getting There!

PS- can we have black text as standard for both the composing and posts boxes please. boxes please, the lack of contrast this grey is straining on the eye's.

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
That's very kind of you to say – thank you.

We are doing our best to answer any concerns and we're constantly working to upgrade the website and the forum, to make it perform better, to serve you better and to get more people involved. As we have made quite a few changes to the website in recent weeks/days, if anyone is experiencing any issues regarding how pages are displaying, right now my first piece of advice would be to clear the caches or do a force refresh.

And I would definitely like to echo the above sentiments regarding Damian and Parksy. Although receiving an email from them invariably means there's another problem to add to my 'to do' list (!), they do a wonderful job for which I, the rest of the Haymarket team and all the forum users are very grateful.

Long live the forum! :)

TRENDING THREADS