That feeling of satisfaction.

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
:) well I am nearly at the end of my caravan restoration project apart from snag jobs and some curtains and new seat covers to do. And a few things to buy like a rug gas kettle and pans. I am very nearly there. Today I managed to successfully fit and with help from my auto electrician friend, wire up my leisure battery and zig unit and 2 12v cigarette lighter type sockets for charging phones etc. It WORKS!!!!

Only issue I have is with the plug outlet for my water pump. But it has been checked and it turns out it's a broken live wire. So. That will be replaced tomorrow. Tried temporary wiring the whale floor switch into test the pump and it is all working. Fine. I have 12v lights and both new sockets work. Lol sorry to go on but I am one happy and very excited to see it all working man. 2 months of solid graft from holes in the floor, being able to stand in the driveway from inside the caravan, wall flapping muck, dust copious glues adhesives chemicals paints lol and I am now sat in it in my drive way and I feel that it has all been worth it. I have always given my car it's names after my nan on my mums side who I was very close to. So I decided that every caravan I ever own will be named after my fathers mum who I never got to meet. So here is to Florenda (Spanish father). Florence in English. Long may she ride the roads damp free and cared for with love.

From This

image_zps0jyyvdjj.jpg
[/URL]

To This

image_zpsvqhmk44v.jpg
[/URL]

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
By the way, Markyt1980, if you'd like to tell your story in Practical Caravan magazine, please feel free to drop us an email to practical.caravan@haymarket.com.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Fab job. Looks amazing. Hope you are able to take Florenda back to Spain to visit the country of her namesake.
Please do as Lizzie suggests and get your story and pics in PC. We see very little by way of renovation articles these days.
mel

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
That looks awesome Mark, me and my wife are in the middle of a restoration job on our caravan, I thought ours was bad but but yours was far worse, credit to you mate, you've done a brilliant job.

Sean.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts