the fairweather campers kids are back

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Just had a great week in the lakes but it is amazing how the feel of sites can change in a month or so, I use my van all year round but it was amazing watching people arriving who only use it from now onwards,

spent one evening getting slowly annoyed at one family. 3 kids 2 alsations. unloading 2 cars worth of stuff. alsations pegged out barking like mad, mum and dad putting awning up, all three kids flying round park on bikes one with stabilisers with that grinding noise plastic wheels make,

after half an hour kids leave bikes at one end of park and wnader back to MUM and dad for their scooters, another half hour flying round park every time passing their dogs barking again. Then one fell off starts crying mum drags him back to van leaving all three scooters outside a van next to use.

by this time stuff everywhere and dogs hyper kids screaming, they fire up the BBQ, dad puts on that much lighting fuel it would give the north korean space ships fuel, covers site in smoke and cooks his sausages to an inch of their lives with music on.

now you may be thinking I am an ols whinge bag but not true I am 29 but hate people thinking everything they do is their god given right. MY oh at this points can tell I am slightly annoyed but does not want me to go and have a word. I agree to this and have a beer, until two of the kids start going round the park on electric monster trucks for 10 mins.

so i wander over to casually fill up the aqua roll as it was needed and said to the bloke hi can i have a word, bhe replies what the **** do you want?

I replied to him that I could see where his kids gained their respect from but could he just wind them in a bit and tidy up as the park was for every one and that his language and that of his kids was not nice.

He replied in a way to tell me to go away and what was i going to do about it.

I simply stated that if he was prepared to find out that would be acceptable but did point out that I am 6ft 6 21 stone rugby player and he was somewhat smaller but if he wanted to find out leave the stuff there and i would come back in fifteen mins.

i walked back to my van,

By the time i had got back his kids had collected their stuff, and theyt were all inside.

best thing is they left the next morning just after 9.

Bliss.

I hate people not playing by the rules.....maybe expect on a rugby pitch if the ref is looking the otherway

Feb 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi Charlie,

I'm with you all the way on this one. Spare a thought for me, we live next door to such a family which is the reason we bought our van in the first place - absolute peasants....

I was having a lovely Good Friday lie in after working all week until the kids started playing football and kicking the ball against the fence with all their might at 8.00am, shouting and yelling. We get the same response when trying to speak about the noise, they do exactly as they like with no respect for anyone, whatever time of day. Its society I'm afraid, and I cannot see it improving.....

Mar 4, 2007
Visit site
What a brilliant post. I too get upset when things happen like that. Everyone to their own but with the perameters in place so that everyone can enjoy their break.

This has certainly made my day I can tell you.

Well done Charlie and should I ever have the good fortune to be pitched alongside you, then the beers are on me.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Dodge

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
This topic looks like a wind up to me

We have the classic ingredients, kids, dogs, bikes, music and smoking barbeques.

Charlie only forgot windbreaks and ball games to get the full house.

While Charlie is pointing out to anyone who wants to fall for it that he's a '6ft 6" 21 stone rugby player' who 'plays by the rules except on a rugby pitch when the ref is looking the other way' I'll take this opportunity to point out that I'm a 5ft 4" forum moderator who also plays by the rules.

At the first sign of trouble this flame bait topic is heading for the sin bin.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Is this you too Charlie?

----------------------

'Charlie

11 Nov 2008 05:50 PM we had a similar problem, i am 6ft 2 and over 18 stone partner not as big, we went to loads of vans and climbed on the beds laid down in our sleeping positions etc, how do you sleep perfectly straight? we have a swift charisma 555 fixed bed and it is perfectly big enough for us and our dog (not in the bed) which is a great dane lucher cross'.

-----------------------

Have you gained four inches in height? There was no mention of your great dane x lurcher in this post, was it inside your van keeping out of the way of the GSD's, next door?

Just curious.

Lisa

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Well remembered Lisa, cheers!

It's the same person, I've just checked the archive.

He must have grown by feeding on bull$hit

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Got to be a victor meldrue,one of the best things at a site is watching the kids enjoy themselve's, takes me back 25 years ago pulled up outside CC booking office last l saw of my daughter until van was set up and dinner cooked.

With being an only child always found plenty of freinds to play with on site, theirs space for all to enjoy.

NigeH

Jan 5, 2008
Visit site
Whether or not this is a wind-up doesn't really matter. There ARE people like those described that arrive on sites, or live next door to some of us, and who behave as thoughh everthing is for their sole enjoyment. Action taken as described by Charlie is the only thing these people understand. Unfortunately the majority of us are a lot smaller and probably tend to put up with such behaviour for a quiet life. Those who doubt these people exist are living very sheltered lives.

LMH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think many people doubt 'these' people exist. It's just that this post is here to stir things up.

The poster quotes himself as being 6ft 2 in November then suddenly, he's grown four inches by April. As he states in the post above, 'he's 29' - so I would have thought that he'd stopped growing in height by then...........however, he appears to have put on three stone too........

You have to have a good memory to be a liar.

Lisa

G

Perhaps he's six six when he's got his high heels on? and anyone can put a bit of timber on.
happy0060.gif

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
I am the same person and it is a typing error as i am 6 ft 2 not 6, so i beg for everyones forgiveness and I have put on three stone since november.

Parksy (Moderator)

10 Apr 2009 11:44 AM Well remembered Lisa, cheers!

It's the same person, I've just checked the archive.

He must have grown by feeding on bull$hit

I do find rather offensive though especially for a moderator.

I was simply sharing my experience and wonder why bother

Those in power??

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Hi Charlie

I'm sorry that I've offended you, I took my joke a bit too far.

I still think that you were trying to stir things up on the forum with a good old dogs and kids rant.

Families with children and dogs may well find your own comments offensive.

I stand by what I posted earlier, as soon as the forum bust up starts this topic will go.

G

Must admit it did remind me of the bank holiday specials, thats why I'm sitting here and waiting to go away on Monday.

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Must admit it did remind me of the bank holiday specials, thats why I'm sitting here and waiting to go away on Monday.
I appreciate the apology, but wonder how others may be offended, I understand that my title of the thread may be wrong and that generalisations are a step too far. but in a forum where the theme is

"Express your views and let off steam about general caravanning issues"

Does that mean we can not let of steam or express our views ?

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
sorry posted on wrong bit

appreciate the apology, but wonder how others may be offended, I understand that my title of the thread may be wrong and that generalisations are a step too far. but in a forum where the theme is

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
appreciate the apology, but wonder how others may be offended, I understand that my title of the thread may be wrong and that generalisations are a step too far. but in a forum where the theme is

G

Where you off to Parksy?

Why arn't you away this bank hol Charlie, plenty of dorks on site to pound on!
happy0060.gif

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Charlie

Let off steam if you want to but it's all been done before on this forum.

Somebody starts a rant about dogs or other campers children, some members agree and reinforce the point and then a dog owner or parent takes exception and a row starts. At one time this was a regular forum event, especially at weekends and over bank holidays but we *** it in the bud nowadays.

Things that offend others can include generalisations about fair weather campers and kids on bikes never fails to offend somebody.

Posts that look a bit dodgy in terms of flame baiting could be said by some to offend other forum users, they give the moderators cause for concern.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Where you off to Parksy?

Why arn't you away this bank hol Charlie, plenty of dorks on site to pound on!
happy0060.gif
We're going to a certified site near to Chepstow

I hope there are no 6 foot 2" rugby playing caravan forum users there, I think I'd better leave the barbie at home just in case ;0)

Feb 12, 2007
Visit site
Charlie you should remember there are plenty of other gun slingers out there.Your hieght and weight would not bother some, as the saying goes its not the size of the man in the fight but the size of the fight in the man.Remember Charlie the bigger they are the harder they fall be carefull out there.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We're going to a certified site near to Chepstow

I hope there are no 6 foot 2" rugby playing caravan forum users there, I think I'd better leave the barbie at home just in case ;0)
Parksy, will you be on our side of the river, or are you staying in England.? You'll need a permit to get into GoC!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We stayed at a CC site near to Birmingham where the head of the problem family looked as though he travelled a lot and was built like a brick outhouse

We were parked near the play area which had the usual swings and was for smaller children

We had a new first time out van and next to us was a Vanmaster also new with new awning

It was peaceful and the birds were singing etc until the weekend bank holiday when a problem family arrived

The teenage children from the problem took over the play area with their football and it became a no go area for other kids

The low fence did nothing to stop the balls travelling past our vans and a good way up the site

They hit the awning next door and after a few hits the couple kept the ball for a while

The warden didn't do anything when approached by our neighbours probably due to the size and demeanor of the other party

I remember seeing them leaving and a point towards our neighbour and shout that that was the man who kept their ball !!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts