The Glorious 12th

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Anyone hitting the road with van in tow on the 12th April itself?
We are planning to go and see if our seasonally pitched van is still there, but wonder if the entire population will be heading out for a staycation. It is the second week of the Easter school hols. Do you think the motorways will be nose to tail. Should we leave the house at dawn?
mel

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We are planning to go and see if our seasonally pitched van is still there, but wonder if the entire population will be heading out for a staycation. It is the second week of the Easter school hols. Do you think the motorways will be nose to tail. Should we leave the house at dawn?
mel
Hi Lady Mel what ever time that will suit you best

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
We had a booking from 11th to 22nd April, so I've just changed it to start on the 12th - it's not far so traffic not a concern for us.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
There will still be a lot of people at work, people not ready to go away, Not everyone will be like lemmings going over a cliff,
We want to get away, but also happy to stay at home and go for a haircut, and go for a coffee in a cafe, or in my case a pint in in the local, .many will be waiting for their second Jab, I get mine next Thursday.

Mel, have a leisurley breakfast and leave home after 10am after the rush hour has gone. And enjoy sorting out the static.

Reactions: Cammy
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Will probably just bring Vannie home for a wash down and check out the systems under 240 volts just to make sure everything is okay for our getaway in early May. Would like a meal out or pint but it depends on the weather as going alfresco doesn’t do it for us unless the weather is reasonable.

Reactions: Cammy
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Wouldn't dream of away in the first week. We are off on the 22nd for a few days to test the caravan before embarking on a longer journey.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
There will still be a lot of people at work, people not ready to go away, Not everyone will be like lemmings going over a cliff,
We want to get away, but also happy to stay at home and go for a haircut, and go for a coffee in a cafe, or in my case a pint in in the local, .many will be waiting for their second Jab, I get mine next Thursday.

Mel, have a leisurley breakfast and leave home after 10am after the rush hour has gone. And enjoy sorting out the static.
I have my second jab next Thursday 8th 8.40 am then a Hair cut . Then see if I can get onto one of my favourite CL's . Should think will be middle/end of April, or there abouts, before if hit the road. Every things ready to go, even gave my wheels a coat of wax!!

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
We are planning to go and see if our seasonally pitched van is still there.......
mel

We are away on the 15th April to a 5 van CL site near Oxford for 10 days
.........50 metre spacing between caravans :D
Hope your caravan is still there Mel and Roger doesn't have to organise a search party!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It is possible that the roads will be bad but I doubt they will except in a few tourist beauty spots. The world seems to be divided in two with those eager to get away as soon as possible and another set not willing to take the risk. Currently nobody knows and only time will tell which side will be in the majority. Camp sites look as though they will be full, but hotels and the like will not be so it is a case of wait and see.

Reactions: JezzerB

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
It is possible that the roads will be bad but I doubt they will except in a few tourist beauty spots. The world seems to be divided in two with those eager to get away as soon as possible and another set not willing to take the risk. Currently nobody knows and only time will tell which side will be in the majority. Camp sites look as though they will be full, but hotels and the like will not be so it is a case of wait and see.

I will report back as to the majority. At least, how many of them are on the M6! 😀
mel

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Started getting ready for the 14/4, van looked really good all round. Last week the Sahara came and van go t covered in it. Cleaned it all again and this morning got smothered in the stuff again. Point aside our window cleaner came last week and will need him again as all the windows at back of property are smothered in it .

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Started getting ready for the 14/4, van looked really good all round. Last week the Sahara came and van go t covered in it. Cleaned it all again and this morning got smothered in the stuff again. Point aside our window cleaner came last week and will need him again as all the windows at back of property are smothered in it .
You not on your own our caravan will need a wash & wax nearer to the time just waiting until this cold spell goes (y)

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
It’s the glorious 22nd for our first trip out, everything on the van seems to be working ok, I didn’t get round to cleaning it yet but still got time, all systems are go apart from the wash down, I’ve bought myself a Kampa pro 5 windbreak because I’m fed up using other windbreaks that need constantly banging in poles and five minutes later they flap again, this seems to be really stable.

BP

Jan 23, 2019
Visit site
Yep, we'll be off to Sandringham on 12th. We're confined to the school hols but since this is the second week of the hols for us, would be daft to miss the chance. Can not wait..although it's a shame about the facilities block being closed as our shower is nt very great. Ah well, better than staying at home yet again.
Yippee.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Our shower has been great in the van since day 1. We changed the shower head to an Ecocamel one, and that improved the flow, two years later most of the Caravan companys started fitting them as standard.
Enjoy your time away in Sandringham.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yep, we'll be off to Sandringham on 12th. We're confined to the school hols but since this is the second week of the hols for us, would be daft to miss the chance. Can not wait..although it's a shame about the facilities block being closed as our shower is nt very great. Ah well, better than staying at home yet again.
Yippee.
Hi I hope you have a nice time at Sandringham

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
It’s the glorious 22nd for our first trip out, everything on the van seems to be working ok, I didn’t get round to cleaning it yet but still got time, all systems are go apart from the wash down, I’ve bought myself a Kampa pro 5 windbreak because I’m fed up using other windbreaks that need constantly banging in poles and five minutes later they flap again, this seems to be really stable.

BP
Hi Beehpee I hope you enjoy the change of scenery and try out your new windbreak (y)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Our shower has been great in the van since day 1. We changed the shower head to an Ecocamel one, and that improved the flow, two years later most of the Caravan companys started fitting them as standard.
Enjoy your time away in Sandringham.
We had the so called Ecocamel fitted and changed it within a week for a normal shower head. Now have a decent shower with a good flow. We would not have one of those Ecocamel shower heads in our caravan or at home. Goes to show how different we all are thank goodness. 😆

Reactions: Hutch

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts