The Orchards IOW Directions etc?

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi
We are off to the Isle of Wight next week we are staying at the Orchards Caravan Club AS site I have read the directions given in the club site book and they seem pretty straightforward but could someone who has been to this site give some more detailed directions e.g directions from the ferry terminal (we are travelling from Portsmouth to Fishbourne) is there anything I should look out for on the way to the site any towns to avoid etc. Also could anyone give me a bit of info about the ferry we have taken the van on ferries before for going to France but I have never done this route we are travelling with Wightlink what are the ferrys like are they easy to get on and off (roll on roll off). Any advice and opinions would be most welcome.
Many Thanks!

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Firstly the Wightlink ferries are easy to get on and off and ifyou have a dog you can leave it in the car . The ferry route you are doing will mean you will have to go via Newport, make sure your satnav takes you the Wootton Bridge way then Fairlee Road, Def not Havenstreet! (narrow roads) that way you miss the main Coppins Bridge roundabout. From there is should be pretty straight forward. The Lymington to Yarmouth route would have been better. What day are you due to arrive?
Hope that helps.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Like I said go the Wootton bridge/Fairlee roadway and it is quite straight forward to the Orchards. There may be a bit of traffic through Wootton. Have a lovely time here.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts