the slide on my cassette has broken stopping me removing it to empty

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Welcome Kevy.

Are you sure its broke?
Have you checked the aperture inside is fully closed, actually stopping you from removing the cassette.
Just a thought.

Jan 11, 2022
Visit site
Welcome Kevy.

Are you sure its broke?
Have you checked the aperture inside is fully closed, actually stopping you from removing the cassette.
Just a thought.
thx for reply,i can see the flap not doing its thing, the lever is all the way over which normally closes flap,the dial that operates flap is probably in the open position which stops cassette removal.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Is the bowl turned enough to allow the cassette to slide out. Mine had to have the bowl correctly in line with the cassette withdrawal direction. It was quite sensitive tobalignment.

Jan 11, 2022
Visit site
Is the bowl turned enough to allow the cassette to slide out. Mine had to have the bowl correctly in line with the cassette withdrawal direction. It was quite sensitive tobalignment.
yep,all that good, i think the mechanism that operates flap is in open position,stopping cassette removal

Jan 19, 2002
Visit site
If you search for the Thetford Cassette Repairs for your specific toilet model there are illustrated clear instructions for a lot of things - maybe you will find help there - or help other responses from the forum if you could identify the model of the loo in question. It is likely that the loo hatch has to be fully closed so that the control knob is facing longitudinal to the cassette to enable the cassette to be withdrawn. It should be a matter of sliding it out without any resistance.

Sep 22, 2020
Visit site
Having suffered similar problems and corrected it with a simple fix, I wrote an article for the Tips and Ideas column on the Suffolk Centre of the Caravan and Motorhome Club.
Just Google Suffolk Centre Tips and Ideas and once the list is there look up Tip No 50 .

there’s a lot of different Tips and Ideas I put together over the years.

good luck

Reactions: Anseo
Jan 11, 2022
Visit site
If you search for the Thetford Cassette Repairs for your specific toilet model there are illustrated clear instructions for a lot of things - maybe you will find help there - or help other responses from the forum if you could identify the model of the loo in question. It is likely that the loo hatch has to be fully closed so that the control knob is facing longitudinal to the cassette to enable the cassette to be withdrawn. It should be a matter of sliding it out without any resistance.
Hi,can,t find a model# anywhere,knob not being longitutinal is the problem

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Having suffered similar problems and corrected it with a simple fix, I wrote an article for the Tips and Ideas column on the Suffolk Centre of the Caravan and Motorhome Club.
Just Google Suffolk Centre Tips and Ideas and once the list is there look up Tip No 50 .

there’s a lot of different Tips and Ideas I put together over the years.

good luck

Thanks for the link Tintentman, very interesting and helpful (y).

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Kevy
You need one of these, check it’s the correct one for your model. The underneath of the the blade has a small plastic cog . This wears out causing your described problem. Very common, I carry a spare which has saved a few of my friends in the past. I assume the cassette is stuck. It can be removed by some careful juggling. Have someone inside you outside. Carefully try and close the blade from the inside. Gently shake on the outside. It will come out.
The following two links will help.

https://forums.outandaboutlive.co.u...rs/Thetford-cassette-toilet-jamming/51055/31/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Thetford-SC250-260-400-Blade/dp/B004DPSXY8/ref=sr_1_4?crid=1ZTT7YBY9QAPS&keywords=thetford+c200+spare+blade&qid=1642157584&sprefix=thetford+c200+spare+blade,aps,62&sr=8-4

Last edited:

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I need to remove the bowl on my thetford C200,does anyone know where i find the bowl retaining brackets? TIA

Not sure if you mean where they are on your toilet or where to buy them from. Either way there are a number of videos on Youtube regarding the C200 which may help.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Model is C200
Sounds similar to the C260 that I have.there should be an orange knob I think with a slot in it,If you can maybe slide a long thin blade like a 2ft steel rule and try tap the knob through 90 deg.the knob being at the back near the slide opening,maybe open the emptying cap to release pressure might help.You can get spare parts from prima leisure or even a freshen up kit ( complete new cassette )

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts