Thetford c250/c260 temperary fix

Oct 8, 2006
Visit site
The fuse behind the waste tank may look OK but the contacts - especially those in the socket (the fixed part) - can be seriously corroded. Clean the fuse with a bit of fine wire wool and/or a fibreglass cleaning pencil. The socket is a tad more difficult but something like Electrolube is very effective. DO NOT use WD40 as it will not help the corrosion, and GT85 whilst being a very effective product does leave a thin film of Teflon behind which could dry up and form some insulation.

Sep 18, 2007
Visit site
very good tip the c250 is a very unreliable bit of kit i have had to change that circit board a number of times i have also found the contacts poor and need to be clean

Reactions: Rodgthedodge
Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I have posted this previously so just to jog memories our van is now 10 years old in its early days I had to have a new board fitted the one on top of the flush tank followed by 3 more,the contacts were corroded since then it has had the switch at the back of the holding tank blow and the fuse this has to be the worst idea ever invented. I use a mobile engineer who suggested not necessary for light work as you can see when the tank is full so has taken that stupid board out and put in nice tidy toggle switch . No more boards.
Sir Roger.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I have posted this previously so just to jog memories our van is now 10 years old in its early days I had to have a new board fitted the one on top of the flush tank followed by 3 more,the contacts were corroded since then it has had the switch at the back of the holding tank blow and the fuse this has to be the worst idea ever invented. I use a mobile engineer who suggested not necessary for light work as you can see when the tank is full so has taken that stupid board out and put in nice tidy toggle switch . No more boards.
Sir Roger.
I’ve read if others who did the same as you. The original design is an absolute nightmare and does no credit to either Thetford or the designers of the caravans who allowed it anywhere near their creations. With a bit more ingenuity you could have made it into something akin to a Gerberit toilet. :eek::eek:

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Never ceases to amaze me that Thetford have continued for at least two decades to make a fundamentally very poor piece of kit from an engineering point of view. Why would anyone place an interference fit fuse in such a hostile environment? Worse, my C250 does not allow me to change the plastic bowl for a new one. I have to buy an entire new unit😥. O. The bright side we use ours extensively. I am sure the boffins at Thetford could come up with a 21st century piece of kit.

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
If the circuit board goes kaput and reading the posts about fitting a toggle switch is just a straight forward job of removing the board and connecting the wires to the toggle switch, but which way round do the wires go, no problem yet but just being belts and braces,

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If your toggle switch is a self return one, connect to normally OFF . So when held down the power is on, switch released power OFF.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
If your toggle switch is a self return one, connect to normally OFF . So when held down the power is on, switch released power OFF.
Thinking about it how much power does the pump draw, very little I think , would it need a relay for the power.

TRENDING THREADS