Thetford c250 cassette toilet.

Aug 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi. I have a thetford c250 toilet. The bowl fills up with water on its own. Here do you get to the valve that seals water off?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi. I have a thetford c250 toilet. The bowl fills up with water on its own. Here do you get to the valve that seals water off?
If you go onto Thetford website you will see illustrated parts drawings and technical information. It should give you an idea of how it all goes together.

There are useful videos too in YouTube that show how to go about it.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok . i have had this problem and it turned out to be a fault of the switch in the cistern .Sadly this maybe a fault in the PC board under the the blue button to flush ,it tends to corrode on the terminals . Do not try spraying WD 40 on it .What happens the corrosion doesn let the pump switch of properly lets the pump run . Its a fault that should happen the most stupid set Thetfords came up with Ive taken the the PC Board out of mine and the switch in the cassette holding and fitted a switch . Works well .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Ok . i have had this problem and it turned out to be a fault of the switch in the cistern .Sadly this maybe a fault in the PC board under the the blue button to flush ,it tends to corrode on the terminals . Do not try spraying WD 40 on it .What happens the corrosion doesn let the pump switch of properly lets the pump run . Its a fault that should happen the most stupid set Thetfords came up with Ive taken the the PC Board out of mine and the switch in the cassette holding and fitted a switch . Works well .
Corrosion is a common problem with the C250. Wasn't there a modification to prevent it happening? I seem to recall that someone was refurbishing the old boards and selling them at a much lower price with a 1 year warranty?

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site

Once you’ve cleaned the PCB you can spray it with PCB lacquer available from Toolstation. That’s what I did and it’s been fine ever since.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts