Thetford cooker hob

Oct 9, 2020
Visit site
Hi
i have a problem with my cooker hob, the gas flame lights but goes out as you let go of the button!
its a Thetford ck13000.
i was advised that this was faulty thermocouples and that it was an easy task to replace.
my hubby and I set to last night and due to the shut off valve being hard to get at, we snapped the end off the thermocouple! We’ve given up and put it all back together.
my question really is, if we have the gas turned on, will gas flow freely through this thermocouple and cause a safety issue? Or is it only a problem if we turn that particular burner on? I.e if we don’t use the burner/hob will it be ok.
just panicking that we won’t have any heating or hot water if we have to leave the gas off completely!
thanks in advance ☺️

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
With the thermocouple broken you simply will not be able to use that particular burner.
No gas runs through it, it carries a small electrical current that holds the gas valve open when the burner is lit.

Quote " i was advised that this was faulty thermocouples and that it was an easy task to replace. "

No doubt this misinformation was given to you by some person who has no idea what they are talking about !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts