thetford motor

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
We think our motor has gone in the toilet. Does anyone know how much they cost to replace. Have checked all other sources.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley

Am I right in thinking that you mean the electic pump for the toilet flush.

I have just changed the one in my van, a couple of weeks ago. My van is a 1997 Avondale Landranger incicidentally.

Thetford have a website with a trouble shooting-guide with very good guidance on all toilet problems.

If you system is the same as mine the job is as follows:

Empty the flush tank

Lift out the the "well" that holds the toilet roll - it just pulls out.

The pump with pipe and electric lead can then be seen.

The pump is held in place by one (vertical) screw and a plastic bracket.

Unscrew pump and lift out.

TRY CLEANING THE IMPELLER (propellor) on the bottom of the pump- there is a small hole through which a small screwdriver can be inserted.

Cleaning out any "gunge" may solve the problem.

If the pump still does not run satisfactorily a replacement is needed.

Mine cost just over

Nov 2, 2005
Visit site
Yes, Everything works except when we want to flush the toilet but no motor sound.

We couldn't work out how to take it apart, and yes we filled the tank ready to use and its still full. I will print your instructions and have a go.

Thanks

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Smiley

I should have said that after I had cleaned out the bottom of the pump mine did run intermittently but was getting less and less reliable as to when it "felt" like working - not very convenient (sorry another awful pun)

You WILL need to drain the flush tank as the pump and its fittings and electrical connections are under water when the tank is full.

You could always drain the pink liquid into a bucket or other suitable container and refill the tank with same when you have finished. Help to offset the exhorbitant cost of the pump.

Hope you manage the job okay

Regards

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts