Thieving gits!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday we were sitting outside a cafe in Swanage enjoying the view and lunch. The next thing a seagull lands on the table in front of us and steals the fish off the plate while the gentleman was still eating. Gave him a hell of a fright and also his wife. One of the waiters came along to shoo off one of the seagulls and it had a go at him. You don't want to argue with these birds as they can be quite vicious and take out an eye before you even know it!
There are also loads of signs around telling you not to feed the seagulls and it has pictures showing you not to feed them however you always get some prat that thinks it does not apply to them as we saw more than one person throwing food for the gulls!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
You can teach monkeys better restraint than humans🤪.
St Ives is plagued with Gulls. Well it is their natural habitat. I have seen them swoop down and snatch whole pasties straight out of the unsuspecting persons hand. They are very large birds with powerful beaks and hungry chicks😎

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
We were somewhere in that area, might have been Swanage, and we bought lovely ice cremes. Damn seagull scoured a bullseye on mine from a greathi height before I even got to taste it.

Another time, same vicinity, we were walking along the front and a seagull attacked from behind me, great accuracy, it’s tummy hit my head and it bit a chunk out my wafer while passing over.

They know what they are doing and are experts at it.

Australian visitors can’t get over the size of the herring gull, their native species are only half the size.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
St Ives is plagued with Gulls. Well it is their natural habitat. I have seen them swoop down and snatch whole pasties straight out of the unsuspecting persons hand. They are very large birds with powerful beaks and hungry chicks😎
When we visited the Victoria Falls, you had to be careful with your drinks and food. The darn monkeys would come down out of the trees and pinch your drink or your food.
They actually had one person employed whose sole job was to chase monkeys away, but they cannot be eveywhere at the same time as the terrace at the Vic Falls hotel is rather large.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We were visiting Whitby for a day brought my wife a icecream and a seagull came down and swoop and grabbed it not a pleasant experience for my wife :)

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was enjoying an ice cream near St Ives harbour last year and a great big gull stole it straight out of my hand as it flew past.
The gulls are horrible creatures in St Ives

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Don't blame the gulls - it's irresponsible humans that have caused this changed behaviour - no different to feeding the ducks/geese/swans at the local park and then complaining about bird poo!

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
When we visited the Victoria Falls, you had to be careful with your drinks and food. The darn monkeys would come down out of the trees and pinch your drink or your food.
They actually had one person employed whose sole job was to chase monkeys away, but they cannot be eveywhere at the same time as the terrace at the Vic Falls hotel is rather large.
🐵🙈🙉🙊🐒🐒😄😄

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Don't blame the gulls - it's irresponsible humans that have caused this changed behaviour - no different to feeding the ducks/geese/swans at the local park and then complaining about bird poo!

Come on there! Leave a bit of room for drama! ;) ;) :rolleyes: :unsure:

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Two of my African Grey Parrots would try and drink my beer, and eat my crisps, when shooded away, their replys to me were rather ripe.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Two of my African Grey Parrots would try and drink my beer, and eat my crisps, when shooded away, their replys to me were rather ripe.
Never had issue with our African Grey. He preferrred to tease the dogs by imitating one o them barking which would then set off the rest of them. You could almost hear him sniggering away!

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Little things and little minds, I use to play football with two Heron gulls which I named Henry & Henrietta. We had flocks of gulls searching but these two always came down when I went into garden and sat at the table. From there the pair would catch pieces of bread which I flicked at them whilst they were on the table . They were excellent goal keepers very rarely did a piece escape. As I said Little things.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts