think we dare

Mar 27, 2008
Visit site
Would I ever buy a new caravan again NO.

Having ordered my new Senator Vermont at the NEC Show in October 2007 through Lowdams of Nottingham. I eventually picked it up end of March. The first trip just a week in Yarmouth to try it out and apart from a little damp around one of the front windows which I put down to condensation everything went well.

Now I'm retired and my wife and I are going to tour Scotland, the first night the all dancing TV that comes with the new caravan packs up. I phone Lowdams tell them the problem and that I am in Scotland and could they help said they would call me back, did they Noooooo. Took the TV to Dumfries Caravans who checked it out and confirmed it was the TV they got in touch with Bailey who told them to get in touch with the manufacturer which he did. He really wanted to give me a replacement and send the faulty one back but the makers said no, I must return it to them Via the dealership where I bought the caravan so five weeks in Scotland with no TV but I can't Praise Dumfries Caravans enough he bent over backwards to help and was genuinely sorry that he couldn't.

First day back in England and it didn't just rain it poured down and most of it was coming in through the front window of my caravan I was catching it in beakers being handed to me by the wife after 10 minutes decided to measure the rate and it was a pint every 4 minutes when the rain eased a black bin bag was used to seal the window.

After reaching home I took the TV to Lowdams and saw the sales guy who did the deal with me and told him of my problems his reply was" have you been to service "no" it's down there on the left." The lady I saw was helpful and arranged for my caravan to go in the following week and sought out the TV my NEW TV arrived a couple of days later couldn't have happened in Scotland could it. The front window had not been aligned properly when fitted.

Next trip Cornwall wonderful until the battery charger packs up won't even charge from the car eventually a flat battery no lights no water pump no TV may as well go home. Phone Lowdams they asked what make of charger is it I say I don't know and that it is hidden behind the caravan heater say's they will find out and order a new one could take up to 6 weeks will ring back and let me Know have they Noooooo not to date that means another 80 mile round trip no point in phoning. We also have the microwave problem of cutting out after about 10miniutes use.

We wanted to tour Europe next year do you think we dare??

Jim White

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
James to be fair to bailey (im not a fan) they couldnt have forseen 2 of the 3 problems and the 3rd water comming into the van is just down to poor fitting by them.

I think you problem is your dealer, not phoning back short brush off from the sales staff ect. Vote with your feet for the next new van.

Im sure you will have more teething problems over the comming months but im sure it will all be worth it and go to europe and enjoy your new van.

Kevin

Sep 8, 2008
Visit site
hi james

As you have seen i have been succesful in rejecting my bailey if i was you i would reject yours as water ingress in a caravan only six month old is not on! You are within your rights to reject it there is no limit on the time you have to reject it either speak to jo anne on here she can be good help with the process.

Mar 27, 2008
Visit site
James to be fair to bailey (im not a fan) they couldnt have forseen 2 of the 3 problems and the 3rd water comming into the van is just down to poor fitting by them.

I think you problem is your dealer, not phoning back short brush off from the sales staff ect. Vote with your feet for the next new van.

Im sure you will have more teething problems over the comming months but im sure it will all be worth it and go to europe and enjoy your new van.

Kevin
i know your right it's just so frustrating waiting for a phone call that never comes

Mar 27, 2008
Visit site
hi james

As you have seen i have been succesful in rejecting my bailey if i was you i would reject yours as water ingress in a caravan only six month old is not on! You are within your rights to reject it there is no limit on the time you have to reject it either speak to jo anne on here she can be good help with the process.
hardley any water actually got on to the wood work or furniture as we saw it start and were quick off the mark as ive said to trucker it is just so frustrating and now it looks like about 8 weeks to fix a charger.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts