This is crazy!

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Apparently a Czech businessman drove his Bugatti Chiron vehicle at 414kph on the German autobahn setting a record for fastest speed on a public road. It was done in the early hours of the morning when the Autobahn was quiet. Not illegal but hate to think of the consequences if he was involved in a crash at that speed. Couple videos on it if you Google.
I would be very nervous at 160kph never mind 414kph. My reactions are now a lot slower than they were 40-50 years ago so quite happy to toodle along at a maximum 130kph for a short burst on a motorway in France where it is possible when solo. However 120kph is my preferred limit. :D

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
That speed at night is crazy as the best lights in the world may not pick up road debris. I gave up travelling above 100 mph + on autobahns as traffic densities increased. Even on three lane ones I was aware that a busy lane 1 and 2 could lead to someone shooting into lane 3 despite the German drivers generally being better disciplined than here.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
We have friends in German who we visit when allowed :) They will often take us out to visit other places and in their Mercedes SUV we've often been driven at speeds over 230Kph. My wife sits in the rear, probably with eyes closed and I'm in the front and my brake leg is constantly in action as we go to over take something. Plus my mind is wondering what happens if a wheel falls off or tire bursts.

When I've driven over there at a stately 120kph or so its disconcerting to see someone in your mirror coming up behind at the speed of light.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts