Thrilled to bits!

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I was absolutely thrilled to bits to see that I'd got Star Letter in the PC Magazine this month (April) edition and that my tongue in cheek forum post had won us a brand new pair of towing mirrors (OH chuffed). That's the third star letter in just over 2 years and two £40 Halfords Tokens and a pair of mirrors ... shame the prize isn't a brand new caravan
smiley-sealed.gif
eh?
Since writing the post we have both bought yet more stuff ... I seem to be increasing my obsession with Orla Kiely items and have purchased a very lovely tin tea light holder and liquid soap dispenser with her iconic designs in abundance and my dear husband took it upon himself to buy a second hand Carri Chef to take away when we go with friends and family in our van - his take on it is that the safari chef comes with us on our solo outings and the carri chef with larger gatherings (it's the chef in him ... he can't help wanting to feed people!) It is in excellent condition being second hand and he paid a great price for it!
We are looking to go on our first outing to Cirencester CC site in a couple of weekends time ... to try out our new tiny porch awning. Before that lies the job of cleaning the caravan inside and out and going through all the cupboards and lockers to take out unnecessary items ... best get OH to get the van wheels out of the attic as it will soon be time to get the waggon rolling!

Aug 4, 2004
Visit site
soldlisa04 said:
I was absolutely thrilled to bits to see that I'd got Star Letter in the PC Magazine this month (April) edition and that my tongue in cheek forum post had won us a brand new pair of towing mirrors (OH chuffed). That's the third star letter in just over 2 years and two £40 Halfords Tokens and a pair of mirrors ... shame the prize isn't a brand new caravan
smiley-sealed.gif
eh?
Since writing the post we have both bought yet more stuff ... I seem to be increasing my obsession with Orla Kiely items and have purchased a very lovely tin tea light holder and liquid soap dispenser with her iconic designs in abundance and my dear husband took it upon himself to buy a second hand Carri Chef to take away when we go with friends and family in our van - his take on it is that the safari chef comes with us on our solo outings and the carri chef with larger gatherings (it's the chef in him ... he can't help wanting to feed people!) It is in excellent condition being second hand and he paid a great price for it!
We are looking to go on our first outing to Cirencester CC site in a couple of weekends time ... to try out our new tiny porch awning. Before that lies the job of cleaning the caravan inside and out and going through all the cupboards and lockers to take out unnecessary items ... best get OH to get the van wheels out of the attic as it will soon be time to get the waggon rolling!

We will be at Cirencester CC site on the 21st March for our first CC rally. Testing the water and we have EHU which helps. Any reserving of pitches for mates and it will be our last rally!

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
soldlisa04 said:
I was absolutely thrilled to bits to see that I'd got Star Letter in the PC Magazine this month (April) edition and that my tongue in cheek forum post had won us a brand new pair of towing mirrors (OH chuffed)
Many congratulations – it's great to know they've gone to a great home.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Surfer said:
soldlisa04 said:
smiley-sealed.gif
eh?

We will be at Cirencester CC site on the 21st March for our first CC rally. Testing the water and we have EHU which helps. Any reserving of pitches for mates and it will be our last rally!
Hi Surfer I am pretty sure the CC sites won't allow pitch reservations ... we've never had trouble getting the pitches we've wanted with family and friends but have never tried to 'reserve' any anyway! It's a huge site so you should be all right. Might see you there then!

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
soldlisa04 said:
smiley-sealed.gif
eh?

Congratulations on the Star Letter. Our first outing last year was to Cirencester Park which is a nice site in a very beautiful area. Mind out for the rabbit holes on site, but the CC warn you about them with their notices, as well as the slippy paths. But you will be okay when you step outside into the adjoining country park which thankfully is a notice free zone! Our van came out of store on Monday and it is in for its service, but we have no plans to use it in the near term as its 'future" is under debate!!

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi Otherclive, we have spent several weekends at Cirencester and it's our favourite go too site from home as it's only a 40 minute drive away. I love the fact you can walk through the Park into Cirencester and everyone on the site is always really friendly, as are the Wardens. Sorry to hear you're van use is under debate and I hope you come to the right decision about whether you continue or not. Best wishes. Lisa.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts