Tiguan a warning light came on the dash

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday switch car on and a orange light on the dash stayed on checked in the manual could not find what it was but we were going to Leeds that about 55 miles each way took a gamble and went and we got home safely when Volkswagen service department open tomorrow going to check what is wrong

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Yesterday switch car on and a orange light on the dash stayed on checked in the manual could not find what it was but we were going to Leeds that about 55 miles each way took a gamble and went and we got home safely when Volkswagen service department open tomorrow going to check what is wrong
I would suggest that you do not mention the 55 trip to them in case they decide to use it against you regarding the warranty.

Reactions: Slowtow
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
it only just been into the Volkswagen garage on Thursday 14/04/22 it had a long life service 2 and a visual health check and everything was ok

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
it only just been into the Volkswagen garage on Thursday 14/04/22 it had a long life service 2 and a visual health check and everything was ok
Could be something as simple as a sensor failure which can happen randomly at any time. You are okay to drive if Amber/orange but having it investigated is necessary. Would not affect warranty. I’ve driven Coventry to Wiltshire on an ABS amber warning. That was a sensor but I still had full braking just probably not ABS so I drove accordingly.

Reactions: Slowtow
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i hope it not serious it the one in the top left in orange

Attachments

• vw-tiguan-dashboard-warning-lights.gif
    vw-tiguan-dashboard-warning-lights.gif
    21.3 KB · Views: 19
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Just re-read the above post - that's the engine warning light - needs the diagnostic codes reading to determine what's going on - get the car booked in to a VW dealer ASAP.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Having had several VAG vehicles I'm very surprised you can't find any reference to it in the manual, however I also find the handbooks quite annoying, as they tend to describe the details of every model in the range and it can be difficult sometimes to determine exactly which details apply to the car you have.

Perhaps it's an aftermarket addition? Have you had any modifications or additions added?

Reactions: RogerL
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Could be something as simple as a sensor failure which can happen randomly at any time. You are okay to drive if Amber/orange but having it investigated is necessary. Would not affect warranty. I’ve driven Coventry to Wiltshire on an ABS amber warning. That was a sensor but I still had full braking just probably not ABS so I drove accordingly.
i took it very slowly yesterday i average over 50 to the gallon when we filled up only use 2 gallons

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site

A few years ago, I had a Citroen Xantia hire car and when the EMS light came on I informed the hire company. Their reaction was such that it was like I had blown up the car.
I had to wait about two hours before they delivered another car on a low loader. Driver got into the car, started it, light came on and as he drove it onto the low loader the light went out and stayed off.
I kept the brand new car. I think that at the time engine management lights were a fairly new thing and the hire company over reacted. :D

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Hi Roger look at the Volkswagen tiguan dashboard warning lights it the one in the top left in orange
Sorry - I mis-read your earlier posting where you identified that.

That's the engine warning light - needs the diagnostic codes reading to determine what's going on - get the car booked in to a VW dealer ASAP.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Sorry - I mis-read your earlier posting where you identified that.

That's the engine warning light - needs the diagnostic codes reading to determine what's going on - get the car booked in to a VW dealer ASAP.
That what i am hoping to do asap because we need to tow with on Sunday

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
Warning lights can sometimes give false information. During the winter, my C5-X7 tow car hadn't been started for a lot of weeks. I tried to start it and the engine just gave me a grunt without turning over. I brought my C1 alongside and jump-started the C5. I drove the C5 for several miles and all the time the Service light was on with the warning "Emission Fault" displayed - and yet the car performed perfectly. When I got home I connected my code reader to the car's BSI system and three four-digit codes were shown. Without referring to codebooks I had no idea what they indicated, so I chose the "Delete Codes" option. I started the engine; the lights were out and the codes didn't return. Just an odd quirk because the battery was flat.

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Warning lights can sometimes give false information. During the winter, my C5-X7 tow car hadn't been started for a lot of weeks. I tried to start it and the engine just gave me a grunt without turning over. I brought my C1 alongside and jump-started the C5. I drove the C5 for several miles and all the time the Service light was on with the warning "Emission Fault" displayed - and yet the car performed perfectly. When I got home I connected my code reader to the car's BSI system and three four-digit codes were shown. Without referring to codebooks I had no idea what they indicated, so I chose the "Delete Codes" option. I started the engine; the lights were out and the codes didn't return. Just an odd quirk because the battery was flat.
VWs tend to light up their dashboards like a Christmas Tree if the battery is low.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Had the same warning on the Touareg last year. The massive handbook told me it was the Lamda sensor in the the exhaust. Total rubbish. When linked to the computer it said glow plug no 5 malfunction. All six replaced.
Hope it gets fixed before your trip BB. Let us know what it is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts