Time to say Bye Bye & thanks for the memories.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So the time to bid farewell to our beloved Caravan Mr Fleety is nearly upon us.
This van has so many memories as a family van it's hard to say goodbye, with the daughter and grandson then with her OH joining us, then our granddaughters spending time with us in this van, memories which Mags and I will cherish for ever.
yes like every van it was not without it's problems but were always fixed.
We had him for 11 years and have now decided it's time for another family to take him on and to make happy memories.
The family have mostly grown up now and have started to do there own thing so we have decided to spend there inheritance on
a newer van which suits us better!!!
We were offered a good trade in price (subject to them viewing of course)
So We collect an Elddis Crusader Mistral on the 11th Feb next month.
Stay safe every one.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
WOW, I hope you will give Mr Fleety his last wash before he goes away, not that you lathered him up very much anyway.
So will the new one be Eddie the Elldis, Or Maggie the Minstral. ?
Enjoy though.

• Haha
Reactions: Gagakev and Buckman
May 7, 2012
Visit site
Afraid it comes to us all having to get rid of the old, but it is in with the new. Good luck with the new caravan, but I cannot get sentimental at losing the old model, but get more excited about the new.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Wishing Mr Fleety a very happy retirement. I feel privileged he allowed me tend his inner giblets😜😜.
It is most apt a founder member of The Woosie Round table gets a Crusader👍👍🍺.
He/ She must be named as suggested by Hutch. Let’s have some suggestions for Kev and Mags👏👏
Elddis say Ellie, Crusader — Sadie?
Mistral—Missie or Misty

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
WOW, I hope you will give Mr Fleety his last wash before he goes away, not that you lathered him up very much anyway.
So will the new one be Eddie the Elldis, Or Maggie the Minstral. ?
Enjoy though.

No need for the wash Hutch, still looking clean and tidy, will save the energy for the new one.
like the name suggestions though so will have to start a list and then decide,

Reactions: Hutch
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Wishing Mr Fleety a very happy retirement. I feel privileged he allowed me tend his inner giblets😜😜.
It is most apt a founder member of The Woosie Round table gets a Crusader👍👍🍺.
He/ She must be named as suggested by Hutch. Let’s have some suggestions for Kev and Mags👏👏
Elddis say Ellie, Crusader — Sadie?
Mistral—Missie or Misty

Yes DD I remember you fiddling with his inner workings at Anita's near Oxford/Banbury way, I will call on you if the new Woosie pot needs any attention.
Hope we can start our own crusade and take over the UK this year.
Some good name suggestion's there, will keep them in mind also.

Reactions: Dustydog
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Happy days to come with your new van wished by us two to you two(y):)
Have to bring the new van to a meet and show it off...maybe do a cheese and wine for us as well as the viewing;)
Thanks Gaffer, thanks for wishing us more happy days, only 6.5 years until retirement!!! Then even more (y)
Havent seen your new van yet, so the two must meet and get to know each other:love:

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Whoever buys Mr Fleety will be getting a well looked after caravan Kev.
Good luck with the Crusader, may you make many more happy memories with your new caravan.
Carrie the Crusader or Ellie the Elddis, you'll soon come up with a name for the Crusader.

Reactions: Gagakev
Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
So the big day has arrived, tomorrow is change over day.
Is it a sad day or a happy day, bit of both I feel.
BUT onwards and upwards looking on the bright side,
New dedicated wiring kit fitted to the Kia yesterday, so optimistic
about the first tow tomorrow with it, will let you know how it goes.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Your memories will always be there, the caravan will bring new ones to the next owners, This will be a new era which from experience will be still full of happy memories. Good luck in the future and happy travels.

Reactions: Jcloughie
Jul 19, 2021
Visit site
We felt like you 3 years ago when we traded in our Bailey Pageant S6 Bretagne. We purchased it new in 2008 when our daughters were 5 and 18 months respectively. We had so many amazing holidays and weekends away. So many memories. Unfortunately as they grew into tennagers and young adults the'van bacame unsuitable so had to go.
Someone got a cracking 'van , I tell you that! It was immaculate when we traded it in, we had recently had the dull Bailey paint sorted by Tourershine and it really did look like new.

THe new 'van is lovely. 2015 Pegasus Bologna. Loads of space and so comfy, but all the lockdowns got in the way of making new memories. My eldest now has a steady boyfriend and doesn't want to come away with us now.
Youngest still enjoys coming with us, but I guess 2 years tops before she stops as well.

We'll never forget the first family caravan though, amazing times.
All the best for your new outfit. Let the good times roll

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We felt like you 3 years ago when we traded in our Bailey Pageant S6 Bretagne. We purchased it new in 2008 when our daughters were 5 and 18 months respectively. We had so many amazing holidays and weekends away. So many memories. Unfortunately as they grew into tennagers and young adults the'van bacame unsuitable so had to go.
Someone got a cracking 'van , I tell you that! It was immaculate when we traded it in, we had recently had the dull Bailey paint sorted by Tourershine and it really did look like new.

THe new 'van is lovely. 2015 Pegasus Bologna. Loads of space and so comfy, but all the lockdowns got in the way of making new memories. My eldest now has a steady boyfriend and doesn't want to come away with us now.
Youngest still enjoys coming with us, but I guess 2 years tops before she stops as well.

I hope you enjoy your newish caravan have plenty of breaks this season

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site

Same as you Bluetonic, traded ours in today and the sales man (who checked for damp) commented what a lovely condition it was in, said he was disappointed though ...........couldn't knock me down on trade in price he offered!!

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Same as you Bluetonic, traded ours in today and the sales man (who checked for damp) commented what a lovely condition it was in, said he was disappointed though ...........couldn't knock me down on trade in price he offered!!
Thank goodness you cleaned Mr Fleety last year then, Kev, looking forward to meeting up and seeing the "Brave Crusader" maybe the Castle of This Years Woosie King, me thinks.

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
I sometimes think that finding out about all the 'features and foibles' of a new 'toy' is almost as enjoyable as actually using it for real.

Enjoy and have fun.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts