Titan 4 in 1 Multi Tool … Problems

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have one of the above machines which has the grass strimmer, hedge cutter and chainsaw attachments but recently it has been playing up and refuses to start or runs for a short time on low revs but cuts out when the throttle is applied.
After spending some time eliminating various possibilities I narrowed the problem down to the carburettor, but spares for this machine are simply not available so thought it was destined for the scrap heap.
However, I came across another carburettor which looked like it may be a replacement so ordered one and it arrived today.
The changeover is very simple, just had to take the throttle cable bracket off the old carb and fit to the new one, just 2 screws, then slide back on the original fitting and bolt down refitting the air filter and reconnecting the fuel lines.
The new carb has its own priming bulb so the old one was removed.
Filled with fuel, primed, 3 pulls and it fired up and runs much better than it did originally.

For anyone who has the same machine and has problems, this is the carb that will replace the old one and bring your multi tool back to life.
Beehive Filter Replace Carburetor Carb for for Troy-Bilt TB575SS TB590BC TB146EC Walbro WYL-19-1 WYL-19 WYL-229 WYL-229-1 Shindaiwa T230 T230X T230XR-

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Dare I ask, Before The Prof get in First, did you get a competent qualified engineer to check the replacment carburettor for fuel leaks and correct Co2, emmissions, did you, wear the appropriate PPE. Whilst carrying out the conversion, did you tell your house insurance of the changes you made.
And lastly did you sit down with a beer or glass of wine whilt the 4 in 1 cooled down, to ensure there was no after fires in the fuel system.

• Haha
Reactions: JezzerB

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Hutch, as far as the competent engineer goes I have many years practice in wrecking engines and rebuilding them, as for fuel leaks, nothing a match will not find, and PPE, yes I wore my skull and crossbones bandana and had heavy metal music on very loud (to cover the noise of any explosion).
As the machine sits in the garage I have not told my house insurer of the mods to my now monster machine.
And as I don't drink alcohol I did have a cup of Horlicks to calm my shattered nerves and shaking hands.
Oh, and I did wear a mask to stop me infecting the machine with covid 19.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts