To book or not to book??

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I get mixed messages. We are very concerned about C19 but should it stop me booking sites for next year? The Clubs require no deposits, the easy option. The sites we fancy , a deposit is payable with riders on refunds.
I think we should book but there again how is the crystal ball looking?

Reactions: praveenGI
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
If the cancellation terms are acceptable, then book them - I've booked almost everything for next year and will make decisions near the time.

Reactions: Dustydog
Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I am not going to bother as yet especially with the two main clubs as, they are not really in places I want to be, I will look at private sites or cl /cs. Nearer to when I decide to go.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Although there’s been a big hike in caravan sales it seems a lot are to families or working age couples so unless you have to tour during school holidays or Bank Holidays I think that at other times there will no problems finding sites, as I would hope that workers are working and super-spreaders are at school.

Reactions: Hutch
Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
When you book a site (Club or Private) you are entering a contract. Generally most people accept the companies terms and conditions, and that's fine, provided they suit your needs or wishes.

But contracts are an agreement between parties, and there is nothing wrong with suggesting some of your own amendments to suit specific needs. BUT you must also bear in mind it is an agreement and all parties must agree to the document before the contract is confirmed.

In fairness most companies are not likely to accede to variations, as they would need to seek advice from their legal teams, and that would not be popular. But in difficult times perhaps they might be prepared to consider minor variations if it increases bookings and therefore income.

One you have agreed to a contract you cannot then change the definitions of any T&C's unless they can be shown to be unfair, or all parties mutually agree to the changes.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
If the cancellation terms are acceptable, then book them - I've booked almost everything for next year and will make decisions near the time.

Couple of commercial sites we have looked at their booking terms are not very flexible and they will keep yout deposit for use sometime in the future.
I understand that they need income to stay open, but in some cases you cannot take up the offer of a booking at another later date.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Well we have booked some sites the first one is in April to Carlisle on a club site and we have transfered some from this year to June 2021 .
They were happy to transfer our deposits as well .

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When you book a site (Club or Private) you are entering a contract. Generally most people accept the companies terms and conditions, and that's fine, provided they suit your needs or wishes.

But contracts are an agreement between parties, and there is nothing wrong with suggesting some of your own amendments to suit specific needs. BUT you must also bear in mind it is an agreement and all parties must agree to the document before the contract is confirmed.

In fairness most companies are not likely to accede to variations, as they would need to seek advice from their legal teams, and that would not be popular. But in difficult times perhaps they might be prepared to consider minor variations if it increases bookings and therefore income.

One you have agreed to a contract you cannot then change the definitions of any T&C's unless they can be shown to be unfair, or all parties mutually agree to the changes.
Prof
The CMHC have had deposit free bookings fir 12 months ahead since well before Covid appeared. They allow cancellation within their TCs which are in my mind too flexible. CCC have revised their TCs to give more flexibility and less outlay. Commercial sites are less flexible. So I think that most people are aware enough to appreciate what they are doing. After all if they haven’t been on caravan holidays before I’m certain they have been on holidays somewhere. If they are not aware then they will have a learning experience to draw on.

Reactions: PTA
Nov 6, 2005
Visit site

I've noticed that a few CLs who normally require un-refundable deposits accept the uncertainty of the present situation and are taking bookings without deposits, presumably in expectation that some may get cancelled - I'm happy to support business like that.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Actually where we are going in April is Caravan Motorhome Club 5 C/L adult park
We got a provisional booking and took no deposit they said they will contact me in January 2021 for the deposit . i was happy with there service .

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Plan. Book. Live in positivity and Hope. Better for you, better for businesses. However, only part with deposits where the T&Cs say you get a Covid refund.
Win Win.
mel
Some parks offer an insurance for cancellation, but the premiums can be very high i.e. £10 for 2 weeks so in essence £260 a year. I don't think there is any travel insurance company that offers you cover for travel local to the UK similar to Red Pennant which is for overseas travel.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Some annual policies will also include cover fir U.K. booked trips. I looked at a park’s policy recently but it’s Covid related exclusions really meant that the only cover you had was for medical issues, or those related to a relatives medical issues. So we did not go ahead as we don’t normally insure ourselves within UK.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
i think we looking to see if we can get travel insurance with our touring caravan in 2021.
Have just had a look on Go Compare and there are some Travel insurance company that will cover my declared medical conditions
Enhanced Cover Covid -19 this policy covers for cancellation if you fall ill and are unable to travel but seeing our next trip will not until April we will not be getting cover yet ,

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just booked a week away on a CL North Yorkshire from 4 th December👌👏. Hopefully BoJo will not extend lockdown.

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
I'm looking on the bright side, because I have to go(main holidays) in school holidays,I've booked 9 nights at Easter in woolacombe,5 nights at end may bank holiday at Silverdale,then end July 14 nights in the dordogne.Fingers crossed.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Just been looking to book Castleton fora week in May, or June. Not a chance. Every weekend booked so seven nighter is not available. Onwards and ........ wherever.

Last edited:
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
The break that we were having in May this year was transfer to June next year we did that when we were in the first lockdown up to now we have
April , June and September booked

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi OC have you tried other campsites in Castleton you never know you might get in good hunting .
I was trying CMHC as they don’t take a deposit and prior to July this year our track record over the previous two years wasn’t too great in getting away. But I’m now looking further north to a CL with a good reputation.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Come on Clive my boy. There are 54 caravan sites in the Castleton area. Surely one of them will have something?
For the last few years we have found CLs and CSs the best bet and the best places to be!
We love the CAMC Buxton but I expect that is taken. Makes you wonder how many of the reservations actually turn up🤬🤬🤬

Reactions: otherclive
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Come on Clive my boy. There are 54 caravan sites in the Castleton area. Surely one of them will have something?
For the last few years we have found CLs and CSs the best bet and the best places to be!
We love the CAMC Buxton but I expect that is taken. Makes you wonder how many of the reservations actually turn up🤬🤬🤬
The CL in Ingleton has just come back to me. It’s their sons wedding and they are erecting tepees on the site. Couldn’t make it up could you. Ah well look again tomorrow.

TRENDING THREADS