Today’s email offer.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Received an email today with this offer.

Le Pin Parasol, in the Vendee. We were there in 2019 and it is a top of the range site. 5 heated pools, slides, gyms, saunas water jets etc. All spotless.

I think these offers are are lot cheaper than in 2019. We then got special rally rates. Must be the covid affect.

We will not be venturing that far this year.

56B09D91-D729-4547-B4FB-F42288871B82.jpeg
John

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve been looking at lodges mobiles and cottages in France fir 2022 and they are such good value compared to the home grown offerings. But they were b4 Covid, but even better now since Covid has inflated UK rates.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been looking at lodges mobiles and cottages in France fir 2022 and they are such good value compared to the home grown offerings. But they were b4 Covid, but even better now since Covid has inflated UK rates.
otherclive Are you thinking of renting a place out there that might be option for us if we did not want to tow the caravan because there would be two drivers my wife could help me

May 24, 2014
Visit site

Brittany Ferries do some good combined deals for Gites and Ferry Prices, we have used them quite a lot, and we also use Owners Direct. We do France once per year and always look for a Gite with a pool, restaurant near and at lease a couple of shops reasonably near.

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
otherclive Are you thinking of renting a place out there that might be option for us if we did not want to tow the caravan because there would be two drivers my wife could help me

We have done Gites twice now. Both were 1st class. Basic and rural but suited our needs. Like OC we have noticed that prices are reducing. But the best deals are on the larger Gites. Good if you go with a family group.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have done Gites twice now. Both were 1st class. Basic and rural but suited our needs. Like OC we have noticed that prices are reducing. But the best deals are on the larger Gites. Good if you go with a family group.

John
Hi John have to see if my son and his wife wants to go with us and and hire a large Gite :)

Reactions: Jcloughie
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi John have to see if my son and his wife wants to go with us and and hire a large Gite :)
Gites de France is the official website but as said above there are other sources of cottage and rental properties. We’ve found Eurocamp and Canvas Holidays mobiles very comfortable and not expensive

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
Shows how desperate they are for customers. Pity you never know if you can get there or get back from one day to the next.

When we were there we had a large pitch, twice as big as normal. We priced the big super pitches as in the second offer. In 2019 they were about £45. Now going for €32.

It about half an hours drive to the beach at Saint-Gilles. Unusually for France there is a fantastic Chinese Resteraunt close by, all you can eat lunch, some of it cooked in front of you.

John

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
When we were there we had a large pitch, twice as big as normal. We priced the big super pitches as in the second offer. In 2019 they were about £45. Now going for €32.

It about half an hours drive to the beach at Saint-Gilles. Unusually for France there is a fantastic Chinese Resteraunt close by, all you can eat lunch, some of it cooked in front of you.

John
That nice to know about the Chinese Restaurant thanks for the information :)

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
Another option is to use AirBnB. They have places all over the world and most are first class. Due to wide open spaces and huge supermarkets France is probably safer to travel around than the UK as long as you do not mix in crowded areas.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts