toilet flush

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to clean the toilet flush (Thetford cassette) liquid which, at the moment, flushes a lot of black fragments into the loo each time? Is there any additive that will do the job; at present only the recommended pink flush aid is added?

Nick B.

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Stop using the "Pink" stuff and use a drop of milton in the flush tank instead to get rid of black bits Then just plain water

R

RobGanley

(Forum regular Flicka asked me to post this reply on his behalf)

The problem with "black bits" from the toilet flush tank regularly comes up on various Motorhome forums.

Generally when the Pink fluid has been left in the Tank for a period of time, so it could be deterioration of the fluid or a bacterial action.

The consensus appears to be to stop putting the Pink fluid in the tank and flushing it through 3 or 4 times.

We use a "kitchen" spray gun, to spray the toilet pan after use. This gives us the benefit of the fluid without contamination of the flush tank.

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Beware of using Milton. It has many uses when cleaning but do not spill or use neat. Read the instructions and make sure you dilute to the correct level.

Advice given so far is sound.

I would add that some motorhomers, like me, have a SOG system installed so do not use any chemicals. Problem solved permanently!

A SOG does not save money because the cost is likely to be greater than the cost of the chemicals. However, it is environmentally better. Like a domestic toilet, it relies solely on clean water but has a small motor that removes odours through a charcoal filter. Nature takes care of decomposing the waste but when emptying, the waste does tend to smell awful. Solution to that is to empty the cassette regularly.

TRENDING THREADS