Toilets... what is the little black thing on the wire in the toilet cassette box.... and where should it sit? Suggestions welcome🤗

Oct 12, 2016
Visit site
This is only a guess. Either a level sensor for the cludgie tank or possibly a reed switch from the caravan alarm to the compartment door in case some sad sort wants to steal the cassette. It does happen!

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
This is only a guess. Either a level sensor for the cludgie tank or possibly a reed switch from the caravan alarm to the compartment door in case some sad sort wants to steal the cassette. It does happen!
I also agree they do like to steal a cassette we had it done on our caravan in storage some years ago..

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is the reed switch which is activated by the magnet in the cassette.
It is NOT an alarm of any kind.

It should sit in the recess of the white plastic holder below the fuse but it looks like part of the assembly has been broken or just pulled out of its securing location.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020
Visit site
Hi and welcome to the forum. I do think it's the reed switch that is operated by a magnet on a float in cassette that turns on the full light please see photo IMG_20200809_160436.jpg

Aug 7, 2020
Visit site
I have spent an age this morning on my knees trying to relocate this bit into its rightful position but in the end I had to give up because of knee ache!
Looks like a job for “Caravan Man”. 🕺
Thanks for your help ....🤗

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts