Tooth crown 3 D printed.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’ve been to the dentist this morning to have a broken tooth crowned. After all the prep the dentist said she would take some scans of the area. After finishing the scans she asked me to wait outside for 20 minutes whilst the crown was being printed.
It came out of the printer and fitted perfectly with no adjustments required. It’s no more expensive than the traditional method and saves a second appointment too.
Isn’t technology great. 👍

Reactions: volts and ProfJohnL
Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
If it is strong enough it looks good. Will it last as long.
They are stronger than porcelain and as hard. So less susceptible to breaking. Also should it break the “ library “ record is retained at the dentist. So replacement takes not much longer than a filling.
Time will tell.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Fantastic, no putty stuff or fittings etc. Surely cheaper than the old method! New on me but if this is progress then excellent. How’s the colour match?

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
I’ve been to the dentist this morning to have a broken tooth crowned. After all the prep the dentist said she would take some scans of the area. After finishing the scans she asked me to wait outside for 20 minutes whilst the crown was being printed.
It came out of the printer and fitted perfectly with no adjustments required. It’s no more expensive than the traditional method and saves a second appointment too.
Isn’t technology great. 👍
Hi otherclive Glad it all went well for you

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Fantastic, no putty stuff or fittings etc. Surely cheaper than the old method! New on me but if this is progress then excellent. How’s the colour match?
As second tooth in from the LHS colour wasn’t a criteria. But actually it’s an excellent match says my wife.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
I’m intrigued Clive. My dentist used to be a Flying Doctor in Oz. A crown a couple of years back was £1k😥😥Dare I ask how much?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts